Breakfast is ready, waiting on Laverne to arrive for the weekend!
She came bearing gifts! Candy, cookies and a fabulous cheeseball that she personally made, along with other wonderful gifts. I will post her recipe for the cheeseball when she is able to email it to me.
My best friend, Laverne, came and spent the weekend with me. She joined in the Friday night sew-in on Saturday morning, actually, by bringing her quilt top and batting, etc. for me to teach her how to use basting spray and put her quilt together that she is making for someone. This is the first full quilt top she made, and all the squares are from Crazy Mom's tutorial of last year. 
We moved all the living room furniture around and spread her quilt top out on the floor, moved the sewing machine in there so we could listen to Susan Boyle and Andrea Bocelli on the stereo while we worked
.
I made her a practice "sandwich" quilt for her to practice on my 401A machine that I use for quilting. She really had a great time, and most of the sewing was done by her while I was the hostess, and "teacher" ?? HAHA. I am just a beginner also.
She did not get thru with her quilt but it is basted together and rolled and she did quite a bit on it, and took it with her to finish at home.
Afterward, we worked on a cross stitch group of quilt squares that I have been putting off. We chose the colors for it, as the color chart was not with it, so we decided to do it in a monocromatic scheme of whites, creams, beiges, and light browns. I am showing pictures of her doing the sewing and embroidering as I was always the one with the camera. I really did sew and I really did embroider! It is always so good to share our passion for quilting and embroidering.
She loves her bedroom here. She says she sleeps better here than at home! How nice!
6 comments:
What a lot of fun you two had! Your home looks so pretty and the table setting is beautiful. I can imagine how fun it was to sew while listening to the music. Hope you have a very nice week.
What a wonderful weekend you had. Frinds are such a blessing! Have a great week!
Oh everything looks wonderful Mom. I knew that you would have a ball! Lavernes quilt is wonderful.
What a great weekend you two had!!! Her quilt is beautiful. I am sure she will have it finished in no time at all.
Your bedroom is gorgeous with those pretty pillows. I can see why she sleeps so well there.
Sounds like a lot of fun :-)
No wonder Laverne feels at home...your home is so beautiful and warm!
My friend Marie and I have sew ins but she doesnt spend the night. But we still have a good time. :)
Post a Comment