This past weekend, I had the opportunity to visit my daughter, Brenda and family. They have not been down for quite a while due to the illness of her husband. Her husband has been in three different hospitals in Nashville for the past 63 days. He is very ill, but he is now at home trying to recuperate. He has serious heart problems.
Brenda and her children, Rob and Jami, have been so dedicated to him that they have not got to leave to come home to see her family. Due to the fact that I work a full time job, I have not been up there much, and, also, it was not a good time for visiting.
But, Sunday, we loaded up a huge fruit basket and gifts, and went to visit for the day.
My daughter, Valerie, sent a trunk load of groceries up, and included canned items that she had canned during the summer from her garden, along with fresh cabbage out of her garden. She sent the groceries because she knew Brenda had not even had time to go grocery shopping. It was so very thoughtful of her. I have included some pictures of our visit with Brenda. We were so very glad to see her.
Brenda and her children, Rob and Jami, have been so dedicated to him that they have not got to leave to come home to see her family. Due to the fact that I work a full time job, I have not been up there much, and, also, it was not a good time for visiting.
But, Sunday, we loaded up a huge fruit basket and gifts, and went to visit for the day.
My daughter, Valerie, sent a trunk load of groceries up, and included canned items that she had canned during the summer from her garden, along with fresh cabbage out of her garden. She sent the groceries because she knew Brenda had not even had time to go grocery shopping. It was so very thoughtful of her. I have included some pictures of our visit with Brenda. We were so very glad to see her.
Please say a prayer for this dear family.
Beautiful fire in the sky, sunset from my front porch.
4 comments:
Robbie really looked excited about that gourd! Ha! He probably didn't know what it was. I remember when we had a loved one in the hospital and I had no time to keep stocked up. We had to eat out all the time. I wanted to send Brenda something from my heart. I hope they enjoy the garden goodies. I hope Tom gets well real soon. My prayers are with them.
What a wonderful and thoughtful thing to do for your daughter's family. I know that they had to appreciate all the love that was brought to them. It is so difficult to have health issues to deal with and try to carry on with keeping up on family events.
I will keep them in my prayers.
I hope that his health issues do improve. Val has a precious heart and it shows in her generous acts. Best wishes to your entire family.
There are really no adequate words to describe the feeling you have when love is shown to you. I will always remember that day. Thank you Mama, Daddy, Beth and Karen! You are the most wonderful family in the world! I love you all so much. Brenda, Tom, Jami and Robbie
Post a Comment