
Me and Karen.....she loved all the Christmas wall hangings and panels.
Quilt displayed on the wall

Valerie and me (check out my new glasses!)

I fell in love with this one! Click on it to see the words better.
Today, my daughters, Karen and Valerie and I met for breakfast at Panera Bread, our usual hangout on the first Saturday of every month. It was Saturday Sampler day again at Lavender Lime Quilt Shop, and we talked my daughter, Karen into going with us. We had a great time. Karen just fell in love with all the Christmas fabrics and wall hangings. Valerie just loved it all! We are like kids in a candy shop when we get there. It was so crowded there today that we had to stand in line to get checked out.
I bought some more fabric for the Funky Monkey quilt that is in progress. I have redone it and needed another small piece of fabric to finish it off. Hopefully by the end of this week it will be finished. (hopefully).
Kathy, the owner of Lavender Lime, along with her husband, Mark are so nice and helpful, as are all the staff........so much talent! Kathy has already written 4 quilt books which have been very well received everywhere. I bought one of them today. The "Bistro" quilt hanging in the store was made by Kathy. The pieces are so small, and from a distance looks so much like a painting, and reminds me so much of the sidewalk cafes in Paris that I loved so much when I went there. See the picture of that quilt below.
6 comments:
I always enjoy our visit every month. It is great to go to the quilt store, but the best part is being with you Mom and then to top it off today we had my sister, Karen. All we need to make it even more perfect is my other sister, Brenda! Thanks for a great morning Mom & Karen! It meant the world to me.
I love going shopping with my mom as well, especially if it's to a store we both enjoy:-) Sounds like a lovely time in that quilt shop...I would have been oohing and aahing over those wall hangings as well, how gorgeous they are! xoxo
What a perfect day, lunch with your daughters and time spent at the quilt shop and a new quilt book to top it off.
Great glasses! I always find it so hard to choose new frames and end up leaving without buying! You look like you had a great day at the quilt shop with your daughters
what a fun day! love the new glasses...so chic!
Looks like so much fun! Love, Brenda
Post a Comment