

This cross is in St. Augustine, Florida and can be seen for many miles.

Look who went to Florida with me! My daughter, Valerie and husband Randy

Look who else went with me! My beautiful granddaughter, Shannon!
Valerieand granddaughter Alyssa enjoying the beach!
I just cannot believe that it has been so long since I posted a new subject! I have been very negligent at getting to my friend's blogs and my own.
Please forgive me.Things have been very busy here, and I also went on a little vacation. It was great to get away.
Today has been a joyous day for me. I am usually so busy that I don't have time to think of the sweet joy that a day can bring! I need to stop and smell the roses!
The picture below is not roses, but it was so pretty I just had to add it.
I don't remember the name of the flowers below.
Bleeding hearts. (They have been so beautiful this year!)

Saturday is my very favorite day of the week. I guess because I work a more than full time job, of which I am thankful to have, with all the people who are out of work now. But working as much as I do, does not leave much of me at the end of the day, and Saturdays are usually filled to overflowing with catch up for the things that got left undone during the week. But this week, I took a half day off from work and it was amazing how much I got done around the house, so that left me today with more time to enjoy life and being home.
It seemed that everything around me made me sing with joy! I listened to Christian radio a good bit, and some glorious classical music that just sang to my soul. I so enjoyed watching when some neighbor children were in the street playing in water puddles from the hard rain we had today. I loved watching them play in the water, little innocent children just enjoying life!

I have been in a contemplative mood this past month. I guess a little vacation did it to me. I have read three books since I returned. I love the books of the past, like the Scottish novels with the castles and horse and carriages and love stories, and what is right and wrong. The book I just finished was the Stonewyke Trilogy by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella. It was so interesting I could not wait to get home at night and read. Have you ever read a book that when you got near the end, you did not want it to end? That is the way I felt about this book. Now you see why I have neglected to blog and visit everyone! To me, reading is such a wonderful gift that God has given us.
I know everyone is enjoying the Granny posts that my daughter,
Valerie is doing. I really appreciate the wonderful people who are enjoying Granny. She is one of a kind! She is one of the sweetest and most Godly women I know. Watch for the give-away soon on Valerie's blog!
9 comments:
Thanks for mentioning the give away mom. I hope to post it soon. It has been so busy here too but I am thankful. I loved our trip to the beach with you. Thank you so much. I would not take anything for it. Can we go back?????? Real soon???????? I love you more than you know.
It sounds like you had a wonderful trip and the pictures are beautiful. Your Saturday sounds very enjoyable - just enjoying life's simple gifts. The gift of listening to music and reading are wondrous. It's so nice to hear from you. I wish you a blessed Sunday afternoon.
I am so glad that you have been able to take time to "smell the roses" lately. We all need to slow down in our busy lives and be thankful for all of our blessings.
St. Augustine is one of my favorite places to visit. My husband does business in Jacksonville and I love to sneak off to S.A. while we are there. It looks and sounds like you all had such a good trip.
Yes, I really get upset when I come to the end of a good book. I hate to see it end.
Take care and I hope to see another post soon.
I'm so glad that you posted, and it's so nice to catch up with you. The beach looks so inviting. And yes I do know what you mean about not wanting a book to end, I've read several that were that way.
It looks like you had a nice relaxing vacation with your family. The pictures are so nice.
I've been wanting to let you know that I really respect you for instilling such great values in your family. On my blog I wrote about Granny and Valerie and their kindness, but I should have added you too. Children learn by example and by what I've seen and read on Valerie's blog, you carry yourself with such grace and class; the best example of all, for your family but also for others as well.
Thank you.
Have a great week.
What a lovely post! I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the family at the beach, one of my most favorite places to be! We are heading for Florida in October for ten days with the kids and grandkids and I can't wait! Ten whole days! Yeah! Yes, I have been enjoying the Grannie stories. What a sweet lady she is! Keep 'em coming and I also will be looking forward to Valerie's Give Away!!
The Mitford series of books was like that for me. I just hated it when I came to the end of a book and could hardly wait until the next one came out. She hasn't done one in a while and I feel deprived! lol!
Lovely post and I am so glad you have managed to have some time for yourself. The trip to the beach looked great, I hope you all get back there again soon, there is nothing quite like the coast to boost the spirit.
Such beautiful pictures of your girls at the beach! It sounds like it was a wonderfully relaxing time! Your flowers are so pretty! I love you. Brenda, Jami & Robbie
your child LEARNED by example, so THANKS to you to!
Post a Comment