For the past three Friday nights, my daughter, Valerie and I have had a sew-in. This week, we joined Heidi and friends in participating in their sew-in. This is such a great idea to set aside time to do the sewing that we tend to put off. I have made GREAT progress on my Dutch Doll quilt that my friend, Laverne, helped me to get started. You will see in the pictures, that there are really two different patterns of dolls we have included in this quilt, I like it that way...this quilt is not boring! Each little doll will have it's own personality. I am so excited! I only like sewing two strips of dolls, before I begin the sashing between each strip. I am still working on the fabric that will be included on the sashing. I have placed a strip of floral fabric between one line of dolls, to see how it works. There will be some two-inch squares including in the sashing.) The pictures you see do not have the sashing between the cross strips of dolls, to separate them. With all the fabrics in my stash, I am sure I will come up with a good combination. This quilt has been such a joy to work with. My goal is to have it quilted by a quilt store in my area that do that on a long-arm, after which I will hand embellish the dolls with lace and ribbons, etc.
Thanks to Heidi and Valerie for the Friday night Sew-In idea! and for those who joined us, including our wonderful blogging friend, Mary, better known as Needled Mom!
12 comments:
Mom, You did great! I love it! I am planning on taking some pictures today and posting my progress also. I am so glad that Heidi & her cousin started this. It gives us accountability.
Good Morning, I love your Dutch Doll quilt. I love the variety and the warm colors. Because of the Friday Night Sew In idea you will always have fond memories of making the quilt with Val and the other ladies participating! Hope you have a good weekend.
I am so glad that you showed us pictures of the Dutch Doll quilt. It is such an amazing project and will be absolutely stunning when you finish it. I love the idea of doing something different for each doll too. Great going!!!!!
These dolls are precious. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
Dot in beautiful NE GA
I completely forgot about the Friday night sew in. Your quilt is gorgeous. I have started one, but had to hold off until I get my 16 paintings done for the Christmas gifts.So glad you stopped by. I cannot join your follower list because I have a problem with Google, but I will have you on my link list. Blessings
QMM
Your little people are so cute. I can imagine how much fun you will have "fancying" them up. Great way to use up those 3" pieces of ribbon or lace that were just too nice to toss...and that lone glass button etc. This was a fun Friday night, don't you think?
This is so darling. Can't wait to see it all finished!
My oldest daughter has a similar quilt that her great grandmother for her and she treasures it! I think yours is so special. :) blessings, marlene
So cute!! I love it.
Ok that's it, I need to learn how to quilt so that I can join in on all the fun:-) I just love your Dutch Doll quilt, how darling it is!! It certainly does sound like this Friday Night Sew In was a great idea:-) xoxo
Such a great idea to have the Friday Night Sew Ins! After Christmas I am going to try to join in the fun and get some things finished!!!! Your doll quilt is going to be gorgeous, can't wait to see it with all the little added pretties!
I've never seen this design before, it is darling!
Please join me at my new blog, the old one has issues ... I appreciate your following me.
blushingrosetoo@blogspot.com
TTFN ~Marydon
Post a Comment