Nov 9, 2009

Weekend Trip





One of Brenda's Granny quilts.
Go over to Valerie's blog to see the Granny quilt stories.


The Farm



I had a wonderful trip to see my daughter, Brenda in the Nashville, TN area. It was a gorgeous time to travel. The leaves were so pretty on the mountains on the way up and back. Brenda and I had a great weekend. She had homemade soup made for me when I got there, and did I enjoy that!
These are a few pictures of her lovely home. She has it up for sale, along with 20 beautiful acres of land, much of it undeveloped which has lots of timber, a pond, and a creek.
Brenda bought a sewing machine while I was there and is learning to sew. I was so proud of that.


Feather, their horse.


Feeding Feather her favorite food, an apple!


This is where their Cocker Spaniel is buried.  He lived 15 years and was a dear companion.


Just a few or Rob's trophies from Karate.


We had a very wonderful visit!  Thanks, Brenda and Rob for your great hospitality!

4 comments:

Val said...

Oh Mom, What a wonderful trip! It looks so peaceful there. I know that Brenda enjoyed you being there. I can't wait to see her for Thanksgiving!

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip and it looks like it was a great place to visit with family.

Where are the pictures of the sewing that you did with Val via computer???????

Brenda said...

We had a really special, much needed time together. You were so sweet to travel this far to spend time with us. Thank you for all the great memories for Rob as well! We love you. Brenda, Jami and Robbie

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post, enjoyed traveling right along with you!