Jun 23, 2010

The Reorganization and my Everyday Visitor

Check out my everyday visitor!  Isn't he beautiful!  He seems like he weighs about fifteen lbs.  When he first started coming around, I thought he was a Mama cat about to have babies!  All that poundage is fat!  He is on my deck every morning and every night, just waiting on food!  He now loves to run into the house every time I open the door, so I have to carefully watch when I go out to feed him.  I love him!  I miss having a pet, so I claim him as my pet when he comes around.

I have been very busy lately trying to get my house back in order after getting the house recarpeted and painted on the inside.  I still have several rooms that need repainting, but it has been a very busy year for me in many ways.  I have not been as great a blogger friend as I should have been.  I keep telling myself I will get better.
I made a library/sewing room out of the twin bedroom.
Now I have no excuse from sewing with all three sewing machines ready for use!  However, I find myself going into the book shelves to find more things to read! 




Just one of the kitchen cabinets reorganized

I haven't been sewing very much either, but my dream is now to get started back to blogging and sewing and even cooking more, and visiting all my wonderful blogging friends.

11 comments:

Val said...

Wow. Mom. I am impressed! I am so proud of you blogging this! You have so much and need to share. You have such a full good life. Thank you for letting us in to your world. You are the best Mom ever!

Midlife Mom said...

Wonderful post, I enjoyed seeing all the pictures of your home and how you decorate. Everything looks lovely and fresh, don't you just love the smell of a freshly painted house?!

Your kitty visitor is so pretty! Does he have a home or is he looking for one?! He must have an appetite like mine as he is so chubby!

I too have been a bad blogger lately and I also have not been doing any sewing. There is just so much to do in the summertime, I love being outside with my horses and digging in my flower gardens. Your flowers are sooooooooo pretty, I went back to your Friday post to see them. I guess we all have more to do in the summertime and it's such a short season we want to enjoy every minute of it. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

We all sort of come and go in blogland as different things come up. Thanks for stopping by. You house looks so fresh and neat. Great job. True the summer keeps drawing me outside into the shade.
Blessings
QMM

Needled Mom said...

I know that I always have the best of intentions and somehow do not find the time either. SIGH!

Love your daily visitor! He/she is a chunky one compared to our old cat.

Three sewing machines begging for attention???? Oh dear. Guess your name is being called frequently.

Your cupboard looks so organized. I should feel guilty, but I refuse to.

caknitter said...

Your house looks lovely.
A good book will always keep you from other things, but if it's good, how can you put it down, right?

KathyB. said...

So like my beloved Father-in-Law! He has a lot of pet cats. Neighbor cats he feeds and lets sleep on his lap while he watches T.V. But they are not really his cats in the strictest sense of the word. However, I think the cats know they ARE his, and appreciate it .

Oh to have the time and luxury of getting some things in order around here. Soon, real soon! Your home looks lovely and organized.

Barbara said...

Oh great post, and that cat is gorgeous, is he not yours, or just one that comes visits, so happy to see another Georgia Peach in the blogs, love it my friend, thanks for visiting my blog too, lots of hugs and blessings, Barbara

Barb said...

Hello, Alice, it is lovely to meet you. Your kitty is sooo cute and I adore how organized you are.

Thank you so much for displaying the giveaway button and for entering. Please visit me again soon.

Hugs, Barb ♥

*karendianne. said...

I love Mr. Everyday Visitor! He's a great cat isn't he? Very cool. I'm hopeful you'll continue to pitter patter around and find yourself suddenly struck by the natural creativity in you that wants to quilt. You know you do. I mean, you have that within you. I can't wait myself. You have a lot of talent and make very pretty things!!!

Brenda said...

Mr. Everyday Visitor has grown even bigger since I've seen him! What are you feeding him?? He looks very content! Your reorganization is wonderful! You inspire me! I love you Mom! Brenda

Midlife Mom said...

Just checking in to see how you are doing. Hope all is well and that you are just taking a little bloggy break! xoxox