Sep 13, 2010

A Little Bit of This and That

I guess I have been taking a long blogging break!  I have been a little bit "under the weather" at times, and I just could not get back on as soon as I planned.  I have had a lot of encouragement from my daughter,
Val, also,  Midlife Mom, and Needled Mom have been so encouraging to me, and never failed to email me to check to see how I was doing.  Thank you!  It was so appreciated!
Well, I have been trying hard to get my sewing room back up and running, and this week I hope to get the two baby blankets finished for my best friend's twin grandsons.  I know they will enjoy them as the weather turns cooler.  That is on my agenda this week.  I want to finish them before I show them on the blog.
Then, next on my sewing calendar is a crazy quilt sampler for the quilt store contest in October.  It can be as small as I want it, but no larger than 36"x36".  Any suggestions about the best size for it?  My great granddaughter, Sweet Teen is working on hers already, and I am sure she will beat me at both doing it on time, and making it beautiful.  She is such a sweet girl, and is so talented at sewing.
We just returned from a trip to St. Augustine, Florida last week.  Isnt' the beach beautiful!  It is a big beach, white sand, and lots of fun to play in.  Although I have to say it was still very hot there.  We had a very restful time away.  We did a lot of sightseeing and I got a good bit of reading in, which I truly enjoyed.  Good food, family, and getting away was very good for me. As Valerie told you about the Old House Tour, I am posting a few pictures I especially was impressed with.  This is Prince Murat's home, he was a nephew of Napoleon Bonaparte.

The picture below was also in the courtyard of the oldest houses in St. Augustine.



3 comments:

Val said...

Wow. You have a lot on your agenda! Slow down and enjoy the process! Boy, don't follow my direction...you will never get anything done! I sure don't. You are my inspiration Mom. We had a great time on vacation! I love you!

lindsey said...

Nice to see you back, you have been missed. I look forward to seeing the baby blankets, I love making baby quilts/blankets...just the right size to handle and finish in good time. So nice for you to see your GG daughter walking in your footsteps and enjoying sewing. I love the beach photo too. We lived by the sea for many years and now are a few hours drive away, thankfully our daughter is still close!

Carole Burant said...

So good to see you posting again:-) I do hope that you're feeling much better now, not fun being under the weather!! It sounds like you'll be busy with your sewing again so I look forward to seeing your finished projects.

Your great granddaughter is so sweet looking and no doubt it's a real thrill to both you and Valerie that she's following in your footsteps where sewing is concerned:-)

Glad to hear you had such a lovely and relaxing time in Florida. I remember my mom mentioning that she & dad had gone to St. Augustine while in Florida back in the 1960's...isn't that where they have a fort? I would have loved going on the Old House Tour, I'm always fascinated with the history behind the houses.

Take good care of YOU!! xoxo