My Friday Night Sew-In is still a work in progress! My best friend, Laverne, cut out dutch dolls for me about a year ago. We have worked on putting them all together and I am now in the process of sewing all the sashing on in able to be ready for the border and the quilting. (Of course, I still have some embellishing of the dolls to complete, also.)
This has been a long time in the making, it seems, but I am very encouraged that soon it will be done. Thanks to Heidi and Bobbi for their inspiration to us all!
I am pretty excited about finishing this quilt, and we hope (Laverne and I) to get together for our weekend sew-in to work on it together.
Laverne is such an inspiration to me, also. She never lets me give up on anything. As a matter of fact, yesterday she called, and we have decided that we are going to write a book together, the subject of which we will disclose later.
I had a very good weekend, beginning with my sweet daughter, Valerie and her Sweet Hunter husband visiting me, and my other daughter, Karen coming to visit me on Saturday to stay a good while. Karen just lives up the street, and sometimes we just run in and out in passing and don't spend a lot of time together, but yesterday she had time to stay awhile. She is the daughter of mine who has her first grandson, Masun! (My great-grandson!)
Then I had a wonderful phone conversation with Brenda who lives in Tennessee, and we just laughed and talked and enjoyed talking about the Lord and His goodness to us all.
I felt like she had been here also, after that conversation.
All in all, the weekend has been wonderful, especially after a wonderful service at our church today, with the lovely music and wonderful sermon.
Life is good!
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
15 comments:
Sound like you had a busy and fun weekend. I talked with my BFF yesterday for over an hour. She lives 1,000 miles away.
I am glad to see that you are still working on the Sunbonnet Sues. It will be such a fabulous quilt when it is completed. Laverne sounds like a special friend and I can't wait to hear what the book will be about.
Yes, you are so blessed to have such wonderful family popping in and out. Obviously, you are a wonderful mother for them.
Sounds like you had a busy weekend Mom. I always love coming by your home. It is so full of peace and love. I am so excited about hearing about the book!!! You are amazing.
What a beautiful handsome bundle from Heaven, Masun is darling. I'll bet you are going to have a grand time spoiling this kid-ling ...
TY Alice for posting our GIVEAWAY, this is really sweet of you.
Have a wonderful time with our loved ones.
TTFN ~
Marydon
He makes every day and we should rejoice in every one.
I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.
I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd
Alice ~ Would you please send me your mailing address, I have a wee gift for you.
blushing_rose_boutique@yahoo.com
Have a wonderful day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon
Amen, Glad you had a good day, I am rejoicing with you.
I had such a wonderful time with Needled Mom this past weekend. We really acted foolish as you will see in the pictures on her blog and mine!HeeHee!
Your new G-grandson is just beautiful! I'd just love to give him a big hug and sit and rock him in the rocking chair!!!!!
We have TONS of snow and it's coming down again today! Yikes!
Happy Birthay Mom!!! I love you.
Happy Birthday, I little birdie told me it was your special day!!
Patti
Happy Birthday!!! Val told me! I love the photo of your great grandson - what a precious blessing.
Hi there,
I saw your name on the OPAM list and thought I'd pop over to see your blog..
Your grandson is a little gem..I am always amazed to see 'Mason' spelt in different ways..I have a son called Maison..He was born in May and his a boy 'Mai-son' seemed to be the perfect name..
Love your sew- in- progress.
Smiles to you from Craftychookie
It does sound like you were quite busy with your Sues last night.
Your sunbonnet girl is very cute!
Post a Comment