Feb 21, 2011

Friday Night Sew-in and a Welcome Baby Party

A lot has happened since my last post.  First, my computer died!  That was devastating enough.  But finally I have that issue resolved. 
I have worked so hard on my Friday Night Sew-in project.  I am making a lap-quilt for my daughter.  It has been a work in progress for a very long time, it seems.  I am now almost finished with it, the only thing I have left to do, is to finish binding it.
It has the scripture printed on it, Jeremiah 29:11, my daughter's favorite scripture: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".  There are other sayings inside the blocks in the middle of the panel. 

I used some strips from a jelly roll that matched the colors to make a border around the edges.  It is my hope that the border will be finished this week so I can add this completed item to my OPAM 2011 finishes.

Also, during the time I have been off, we had a Family Welcome Party for the new baby in our family at my home, hosted by my daughter, Brenda.. Little Masun was a hit with everyone. He is the first grandchild of my daughter, Karen.





 
"GrandmamaKaren" and Masun







 
Maranda couldn't wait to hold her cousin's baby!
Maranda with Masun (He slept thru his party)
We had prayer and asked the Lord to bless him.  Everyone brought gifts and we had some great food and wonderful punch made by my beautiful granddaughter, Maranda.  


And part of the refreshments included an absolutely fabulous chocolate cake made by my daughter, Valerie, (click on her name to find the recipe to this wonderful cake! ( Do you notice a piece is missing? Sweet Hunter, Val's husband, got into it in the middle of the night before the party! LOL) Hey, I don't blame him! It is his favorite cake made by my daughter, Valerie.




.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Alice Grace, I have that same panel. I need to find it and get it finished. It is so pretty and I love the verse!

Val said...

Love the quilt. Brenda will love it. Welcome to Baby Masun! Hope he continues to do well. We enjoyed the afternoon there. Thanks for having us all over.

Needled Mom said...

Your quilt is lovely and will be cherished by your daughter. That is great fabric!!!

Welcome to little Masun. Isn't it fun to have a new baby in the family? That was a great way to welcome him.

I'm glad that you got your computer working. Grr. Computer problems are sooo frustrating.

Carole Burant said...

Such a stunning lap quilt, your daughter will love it for sure!! Quilting seems soooo complicated to me! lol

Omigosh, how adorable is Masun?! What a cutie patootie. I can well imagine how everyone wanted their turn to hold him at his party! lol A new baby to love is the best thing there is:-)

I must check out the recipe for that cake when I go visit Valerie's blog next, it looks scrumptious. Too funny about Sweet Hunter having "stolen" a slice of it the night before! hehe

Have a wonderful weekend, dear Alice. xoxo