Feb 14, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOTHER!

Valentine's day is so special to me because my dear Mother was born on this day many many years ago.   She was born into a family of many brothers and sisters to a father and mother who loved each other deeply.  Her father was a school teacher and her Mother a homemaker.  She was always so proud of her family.  She was the light of my life and all those in our family.  Every year, my brother brings me a Valentine box of candy to commemorate Mama's birthday.  Thank you, my dear brother, Harold.

5 comments:

Val said...

Happy Birthday to Grandma!!! I miss her so much. So glad to see you posted something. Missed you blogging!

Jocelyn said...

What a sweet post! Such a beautiful tribute to your Mama.

Mandy said...

Happy birthday grandma!!! She was very special to me as well. God knew what he was doing when he made valentines her birthday :) love you nana and thanks for visiting my blog

Carole Burant said...

Such a special gesture for your brother to send you a box of chocolates every Valentine's Day to commemorate your mother's birthday!! Happy Valentine's Day, dear Alice. xoxo

Needled Mom said...

What a wonderful day to have a birthday!!!! I love that your brother remembers the date in such a special way too.

My iris are doing well. I can't wait until they bloom so I can send you a photo of them.

Hope all is well with you. xox