Today, my car stayed in my garage all day long! I did not move it! What fun to get to stay at home for a change. I work a full time job, and I am proud to have a job this day and time, but sometimes I just want to see how it feels to stay home! I would rather be at home than any place I know!








This Sunday I decided to stay home and catch up on some things I wanted to do. I started my day with Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. Served with Valerie's homemade jelly, hot and buttered, they were delicious!
I cooked some dried apples for making baked apple pies to share.
Then, since the cool weather has begun, pulled out some sweaters to get ready for winter.
For the rest of the day, I played with fabrics, reorganized it and put much of it away, then pulled the yellow jelly roll apart to do a practice quilt top. I bought several, but had never used any of those before, and I wanted to see how it would work. The blocks I got made turned out to be small, comparitively, to the ones we are making on the Quilt Along. I put together 22 blocks so far, small though they are. Since there are 40 strips, and I have only used 8 strips, I have 32 strips to go.
It is interesting, choosing the strips, since every strip in the jelly roll is a different fabric, and quite fun trying to put a block together. Each two strips makes a total of 11 blocks in this pattern.
G'Granma is having a giveaway for her 100th post! Go visit her and leave a comment! She has a great blog!
G'Granma is having a giveaway for her 100th post! Go visit her and leave a comment! She has a great blog!
9 comments:
What a wonderful day you had. Was my jelly good? I need to get some of those muffins. You were in a cooking and quilting mood, huh? And you wonder where I get it! This looks like a wonderful peaceful day you had. Make sure and save me a apple pie. They look delicious!
Oh those muffins look sooooooo good and that jelly! Yum! What a nice way to start your day!
I have never used the jelly rolls so will be anxious to see your finished product. So much fun to lay out the strips and see the different colors and patterns, I MUST buy one today when I go to the fabric store! You've inspired me!
I love those kinds of days. My favorite place to be in the whole world is right at home. Sounds like you got a lot of things done too. Delicious looking apples and pies.
Oh....don't you just love days like that?
I love the strips sewn together. I see all sorts of possibilites for them.
Those muffins look and sound fabulous. And with Valerie's fresh jam????? Oh my!!!!
my kind of day!
Ooh - muffins, apples and pretty fabric strips - lovely post!
I'm coming right over for one of those muffins...lemon poppy seed is one of my favourites:-) Sounds like you had a lovely day and I bet the house smelled wonderful between the muffins and apple pies!! I so wish I knew how to quilt!! xoxo
Thats how I spent my day today, just leisured around!! Thank you for the Birthday wishes!! Have a wonderful night!~Wendy
Hello, Alice Grace,
Thanks for stopping by my blog~the story about my grandma's old homeplace is something I wrote a few months ago...it is something very dear to me and I thought I would share about it. Thanks for taking the time to write. You have a lovely blog! This was the first time I have been on it, and I really like it...I'll be back!
Karen
Post a Comment