Nov 9, 2008

Setting Blocks and Cottage Blocks



I have been working on my Star Quiltalong (still) from Amanda Jean.....yes, I know I am way behind! But I am getting there. With the setting blocks done, now I can concentrate on finishing this quilt top. I am so excited!
I also have been playing around with a cottage quilt block by Freda's Hive. Those blocks are so much fun to put together! I am looking forward to doing a whole quilt top with them. She has a great swap going on those, but I have not joined that, as I am such a beginner. But they are easy and such fun to put together.

11 comments:

Val said...

As always, I am so impressed! You know you are my idol!!! I love you.

Jennifer said...

I love that pattern!! It's very pretty:) Thanks for stopping by my blog with the kind comments!! God bless!!

Needled Mom said...

What a cute block!!! A whole quilt of them would be adorable.

I can't wait to see the quilt-along quilt all pieced together.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind words, I just had to come and visit and am so glad I did, I love your star blocks, your piecing is great, also I am sorry you did not join the Christmas cottage Exchange, I would have loved to receive one of your blocks. It looks great! they are such fun. Have a nice day!

Lynn said...

I love those colors on the star quiltalong it's going to look fantastic when finished. Mine needs to wait until after Christmas. The cottage block is cute - I have some christmas ones I want to make. They are fun aren't they?

Anonymous said...

The quiltalong stars are looking pretty together, it's going to be a gorgeous quilt. I saw all those little house blocks on lots of blogs. They're cute.

*karendianne. said...

Love the setting block and you know what else? You are so pretty! I love seeing photos of you. :) Have a spectacular day.

Love, *karendianne.

Midlife Mom said...

That is a great block! I'd like to see a whole quilt done with it!!

Loved all your pictures of your friends home and all her nice things. That doll is just beautiful, I can't imagine being able to make something like that, just lovely! Her quilt came out so well, what a nice pattern!!

andsewon said...

Such pretty blocks!!! Love stars and I too wish I had joined in the cottage swap love 'em! I would take yours!!!
Thanks so much for your visit to my blog!! Enjoyed visiting yours. I have to get my links updated so will add yours to my list.
Hugs,
Lola

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable! So are you! I can't wait to see what's next!

jacquie said...

good for you! i still have both of amandajean's quiltalong quilts to get quilted. what am i waiting for?