Nov 17, 2008

Busy (frustrating) Weekend!

It is 5:45 AM and I am drinking my morning coffee and thinking of what I should to call "my wasted weekend!". :(
Saturday was a day to catch up on things, took my sister to lunch for her birthday, and ran errands, got my hair cut too short again! That is strictly my fault! : (
Yesterday, I worked on Mandy's baby quilt ALL DAY! I thought I could do it in one day, as it was just a matter of using the sock monkey fabric that she loves, putting borders all around it, stacking it with batting and backing, pinning, and getting ready to quilt on the machine...................the last part going terrible. SO MUCH TO LEARN!
I finally decided that I was getting the message, and quit working on it at 8 pm.
It is now spread out on the sofa looking at me with all those "Funky Monkeys"!
Back to work on my job today, and pray that I feel enough energy to work on it tonight.
Thanks for letting me vent!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes things just go awry and we have to shake the dust off our feet, take a breath and walk away for a spell...sounds like you had one of those times. It can be so frustrating! I hope your week is great to make up for the weekend frustrations. :D

Needled Mom said...

I can really relate to days like those. I always want to go back to bed and try getting up on the "right" side instead.

I hope that the week ahead will be much better for you. Hugs.

Val said...

Mom, you will do great! I know the perfectionism in you. Oh how this will thrill Mandy when she receives it. Hey just think of me....25 years later and just now binding the quilt!!!!!

Carole Burant said...

Sometimes it's best to just walk away and try again another day...I've sure learned that lesson when I'm frustrated with something I'm making! lol Best of luck with finishing the quilt, I'm sure it will be gorgeous! xoxo

Lynn said...

I feel for you - both haircut wise - I did the same thing on Friday - why do I always get it too short? And sewing - was it quilting it that gave you the problem? I spend way too much time with my seam ripper! (p.s. love the music it's always a treat to go to your blog and hear one of my favorite songs - 'down to the river to pray' thanks).

Midlife Mom said...

Oh boy do I know where you are coming from! Some projects seem to just flow together and others fight me all the way. I have to just say, okay that's if for now there will be another day! Usually when I do that things work out better for me! Can't wait to see the finished project, I'm sure it will be wonderful!!! xoxo

jacquie said...

i hope it goes better in your next sewing session. i know about those frustrating times when nothing seems to go as planned.

lindsey said...

I am looking forward to seeing the finished product as I am sure it will be GREAT! As for the hair cut..I did the same, we have moved to a different county so had to find a new hairdresser she went way too short but I actually decided that I quite like it and it means I don't have to go again so soon and spend all that money again! Blessings!

Unknown said...

Nice blog, it's good to vent! You have a special daughter in that Valerie, you know.