I have made pictures of just a few of these samples. Today, I have felt like a child with a new toy! I plan to make table runners, purses and pillows out of them, and who knows I may get other ideas of what to do with them. I figure I can match them up with each other, in a quilty fashion. I feel like I am in heaven looking at all these lovely samples. I can't even imagine the cost of these per yard when they were chosen to put on sofas and chairs. I will start on something with them tomorrow and post them when done. Click on the fabric pictures to see up close.
Nov 29, 2008
FABRIC SAMPLES-Play day
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I had the family in for Thanksgiving dinner and we had a great time, as my daughter Valerie has told about in her blog. It has been a busy two weeks for me with a lot of things going on, and I am finally back to my blogging home!




I have a friend who works at a furniture store who gave me a lot of fabric samples that were discontinued. There are so many I could never count them. I never realized that they sometimes throw these away. The fabrics are so fantastic. They are upholstery fabrics, and many of them are small, but there are so many that they can be matched up with other samples to make some really interesting combinations. Some of them are somewhat wrinkled from being boxed up.
I have made pictures of just a few of these samples. Today, I have felt like a child with a new toy! I plan to make table runners, purses and pillows out of them, and who knows I may get other ideas of what to do with them. I figure I can match them up with each other, in a quilty fashion. I feel like I am in heaven looking at all these lovely samples. I can't even imagine the cost of these per yard when they were chosen to put on sofas and chairs. I will start on something with them tomorrow and post them when done. Click on the fabric pictures to see up close.


I have made pictures of just a few of these samples. Today, I have felt like a child with a new toy! I plan to make table runners, purses and pillows out of them, and who knows I may get other ideas of what to do with them. I figure I can match them up with each other, in a quilty fashion. I feel like I am in heaven looking at all these lovely samples. I can't even imagine the cost of these per yard when they were chosen to put on sofas and chairs. I will start on something with them tomorrow and post them when done. Click on the fabric pictures to see up close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh how fun! Do I get some?? I can't wait to see what you do with these. I bet a purse would be great made out of these. Looking forward to pictures!
I look forward to seeing what you make because I have some fabric samples also and could use some ideas. I have had them for a long time. At one point I was thinking about making a vest with some of them, but wasn't sure how I would piece them together.
How about using them in creating some bags?
I have visions of incredible totes with all of those fabrics. What a great gift.
They would also make a great jacket by piecing them together and then cutting the pattern from the piece. Wow....I could go on and on.
Glad that you finally have time to get back to blogging. It is amazing how hectic life can get, isn't it?
What a treasure! I have goose bumps just looking at all of those samples!!! I love Needled Mom's idea of piecing them together and then cutting out a jacket, how pretty would that be!!! Also with all the tote patterns out there you could have a blast!
Lucky you - other than just admire them (which I can do all day with fabric) I think a scrappy squares tote might be fun. Looking forward to see how you use them.
Post a Comment