Mar 5, 2010

Redemption

For the past few weeks I have been very troubled, as has my daughter, Valerie, about a trial she is going thru, and I am going thru it too.
Many times, when I go to bed, I look for something that will be redeeming to my spirit. I have several ministers that I do watch on tv  when I can find them, they are Bayless Conley, Jack Hayford, and David Jeremiah. (You can find them by googling them on the internet.)
After I had prayed and read the Word, I was looking for something to comfort me as I laid down to rest. I really could not find anything on tv that spoke to me, so I just left it on a Christian channel where there were some people singing softly. I went off to sleep and when I would stir in the night, they were still singing worshipful songs to the Lord.
All the next day that stayed with me, along with the word "REDEMPTION"....... it has been on my mind all week long. At work, I wrote that word down on a piece of paper and had it on my desk to meditate on when I could.  It is still there.  I have been trying to think what the message to me was, and what I have come up with is that redemption thru Jesus Christ will happen, and that our problem will be worked out thru the Lord. It may not be right away, but in God's time, He will redeem the people we love so very much and all will be in His time, not ours.
Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

11 comments:

Val said...

Oh thank you Mom. We need all prayer warriors praying. They may not know all the details but that doesn't matter when God knows. I feel all the prayers. I really do. We just have to trust that HE has it all under control and I know without a doubt that he does. When we are weak, HE is strong. I love you mom. There is nothing like a mothers heart.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've been praying for you all and I agree with Valerie - God knows the hearts of all involved and what's best for each of you. I heard something recently that stuck with me - Satan always loses and God always wins. Don't you love that! blessings, marlene

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I keep Valerie and all your family in my prayers. I know it must be a heart-breaking time for you all. May God bless you and keep you strong and give you enough joy every day to get you through.

Jocelyn said...

Alice, praying the Lord will give you and Valerie peace in your hearts.

Michelle said...

I found this on 'Your Daily Word' website.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (New King James Version)
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.


Reflection:

There are times when we feel like everything is just so complicated and is starting to be out of our control. These things happen when we do things on our own. When we decide and make choices based on our logic and wisdom. Solomon, the wisest man ever lived said "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12". This only means our own decisions mostly are not dependable.


What is the Lord telling us?

Learn to let go and let God which means in every decision, plan or choice seek God's will first before proceeding. It also means, whatever situation you are in or circumstance you're going through ACKNOWLEDGE Him. Acknowledging Him means believing that all these are part of His God's plan for you.

Praying for you,
Michelle

KathyB. said...

Redemption, the desire of all men and women who really consider life and all it encompasses. God is faithful and I am guilty of being impatient and fretful about circumstances that seemed dire, and to the world , are dire. So far though, God has proven He is in charge, and in His time and in His way, blessed be the Lord~ now I just need to remember this, and posts like yours help.

Needled Mom said...

We are all praying for your family and I know that God is aware of what we are asking of Him. It is so difficult to understand His time. I hope you are all able to find peace by letting Him show you the way.

Carole Burant said...

Dear Alice, please know that I have you and Valerie in my prayers. Yes it's true that God will help you get through this, the hardest part is being patient until He decides it's the right time:-)

I will let you know as soon as I receive your parcel!! Please don't worry about having taken a little longer to mail it, believe me I'm the most patient person there is! lol xoxo

lindsey said...

This is a great post Alice, we so often go through these trials especially when we have families and friends we care about. Your post is a reminder to us all that at all times God is in control and will use each of our experiences to work out His will in our lives. Sometimes we have to watch those we love going through difficult times but the greatest thing we can do for them is to lift them to our Fathers throne room, knowing that He loves them even more than we do. Isaiah 49:15-16
May you know God's abundant blessings

Midlife Mom said...

My heart is heavy knowing that you and Val are going through some trials at this time. I also have peace knowing that God is in control of the situation and will work it out to His glory. Will continue praying, no we don't need details, He knows what we are praying for!

Loved clicking on your Friday Sew In and seeing Miss T's tote that you made for her!!!!! She just loves it and so do I!!!! xoxox

Brenda said...

I am also praying for my sister and the trials she is going through. It is so comforting to know that many are praying - especially you Mom. There is nothing like a praying Mother. God hears and in His time will redeem. Love, Brenda