Mar 2, 2010

Friday night Sew-In Results

For this past Friday night sew-in I made a little tote bag for a gift to the granddaugher of Midlife Mom.
I had found some fabric that I liked that reminded me of a saddle, and some fabric with horses on it, and I designed the little tote myself and made it. Midlife Mom said she really liked it, especially the horse fabric. I am so glad.  It was fun to make, but of course I am just an amateur.
I am working hard on getting my strips cut for the Postage Stamp Quiltalong by Heidi.  I think this is going to be so much fun!  I hope to get started sewing on it this week.  Thanks, Heidi, for a great tutorial!
We had another snow today!  It was a very pretty snow, the flakes were as large as a half dollar coin or larger.  We got about 2 inches, which stopped around noon.  My yard is still covered in the white stuff, but the roads are fine, and the temperature is above freezing which is very welcome!

8 comments:

Val said...

Oh I love the little tote Mom! It is gorgeous. You are way ahead of me with the postage stamp quilt. I loved the snow today. Ours didn't end until about 4 this afternoon. The kids had a ball out in it.

KathyB. said...

This is perfect for a horse lover and I think you chose the fabrics well. My first thought was the purse resembled a fancy saddle-bag!

Snow, sigh...I want a snow day. Maybe next winter.

Anonymous said...

What a very cute little bag! Well done!

lindsey said...

This is a lovely bag,the red and brown fabric go well together.... well done!

Needled Mom said...

I read how pleased MM was with the bag for her granddaughter. It is just a fabulous gift for a girl who is so into horses.

I can't wait to see the progress on the postage stamp quilt. Those are a lot of little pieces!

More snow? Amazing. I heard about it on the weather channel and was wondering if you folks were getting some.

andsewon said...

That is a darling bag! Love that ruffle!
It really does look like leather.
Wonderful job of design and sewing !!
We have snow too. So unreal!Rain tonight should take care of it.. I hope!
Stay warm,
Hugs,
Lola

Carole Burant said...

It's no wonder Midlife Mom's granddaughter loved that little bag you made for her, it's just adorable! You consider yourself an amateur...to me you're an expert:-)

We've been having gorgeous Spring like weather over here this past week and it's still continuing. You should see all the grass showing already, not something we usually see in March!!! I'm not complaining though:-) xoxo

Brenda said...

This is so pretty! Great job Mom! I love you. Brenda