Apr 4, 2011

Best Friend Weekend

Oh Lord, our Lord,
How majestic is your Name in all the earth!  (Psalm 8, v1)

My last post was about my problem of being depressed recently.  I so appreciate all the prayers and sweet comments I received as a result of that post.  I am much better.  I have been reading the Bible more, and praying more, and am so encouraged.  Thank you all for your prayers.

I have joined a Bible study group at First Baptist Church, along with my daughter, Karen.  It has been so encouraging as well.

Recently I went to visit my best friend for the weekend.  We try to get together every couple of months.  It is always a joy to be with her.  She always makes me laugh and is so encouraging.She is currently working on her second queen size quilt for a granddaughter. All the work on it totally hand stitched. Every doll's name is embroidered on the dress, as well as in the sashing, are the embroidered full names of family members, all the way back to many great-great grandmothers, which she researched online for her family tree. The pictures do not do this quilt justice. 








Click on the pictures to enlarge.  Didn't she do a wonderful job!

7 comments:

Val said...

Oh yes, it is just beautiful. I am glad that you are feeling better.

Glenda said...

The quilt is truly amazing! I'm so glad you are feeling better, Alice!

Jocelyn said...

How very cute! I bought 4 Sunbonnet Sue blocks at a recent quilt show. I like the way your friend embellished her Sue's.

Carole Burant said...

Having suffered from depression for many years and having a mom whose had 4 nervous breakdowns, I know what a struggle it is to get out of it. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to snap out of it by relying on your faith and reading the words of God. We often let our busy lives take over and before we know it, we forget to just enjoy life and the others around us. My prayers are with you, may you continue to feel better:-)

That quilt is absolutely gorgeous and I can't even begin to imagine all the work that's gone into making it. Your friend has a lot of patience! lol What a treat to have been able to spend the weekend with her. What would we ever do without our friends! xoxo

Becky Garrison said...

I am so happy you are feeling better these days! And it sounds like you've been having great fun with your friend. And your friend's quilt is just beautiful! Blessings, Becky

Unknown said...

Such great news you are feeling better, sweetie. I bet that visit has done you a lot of good, too. This is an awesome quilt, she is doing a beautiful creation & the girls with names are fabulous. What a treasure ...

Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

lindsey said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. I am sure that as the Spring comes along and then the Summer you will feel better still and it is crucial that you are getting into God's Word...nothing will work more than this.
That quilt is so clever I cant believe how much work must have gone into that!