May 28, 2011

"Heaven is for Real"

I have just read a wonderful and encouraging book!  While sitting with my sister at the hospital, I took along a book that a friend loaned me.  It is called "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo.  It is the story of his son, who, at the age of four,  when having surgery visited heaven.  I am sure many have seen them interviewed on tv.  I had seen them, and had thought I would get the book.  After reading it (I read the whole thing within a few hours), I am so encouraged and blessed.  I urge you to read this book, you will never regret it.   I plan to go out today and buy several copies for friends and family.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I read this book a few months ago. I downloaded it and read it on my Nook. My SIL bought a copy, and has lent it to her children, and recommended it to co-workers who were going through difficult times. It is a wonderful book!

Needled Mom said...

I heard that is was a fabulous read, but I haven't read it yet. Guess I will have to get to it soon.

Val said...

I hope I am one of the friends and family!!!

Midlife Mom said...

I definitely will get that book! We probably stock it in our Bible book store and I need to check on things there so will pick it up!!! Always love a good read!

Hope all is well with you, I always love hearing from you!! xoxox

Midlife Mom said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by, I always love hearing from you. I haven't been a very good blogger this summer but our summers are so short I want to be outside as much as possible. Always so much to be done here on the Range! :o)

Yes, the raccoons are cuties. They do make an awful mess of things but the cuteness wins out! To see them curled up together on those cushions was just sooooooo cute!

I have not read that book but am going to call our Bible book store today and see if we carry it. It sounds wonderful!

Hope you are having a good summer. Lots of big HUGS!!!! xoxox

Brynwood Needleworks said...

I received this book from a blog friend after the unexpected loss of my first corgi puppy in April. I read it about a month later and am so glad I did. It's a book of affirmations and hope. Having now lost three more good dogs in my life this week, I can find comfort knowing that, in God's time, we will all be reunited with our loves ones - animal and people - and what a glorious reunion it will be. I hope everyone picks it up and reads this wonderful book.