NAPA SALAD RECIPE
2 HEADS NAPPA CABBAGE
6-8 GREEN ONIONS
2 PACKAGES RAMEN NOODLES WITH SEASONING PACK (I PREFER SHRIMP FLAVOR)
3 (2 oz.) PKG. SLIVERED ALMONDS
2 TABLESPOONS SESAME SEEDS
1 CUP VEGETABLE OIL
1/2 CUP SUGAR
6 TABLESPOONS WHITE VINEGAR
1/2 TEASPOON SALT
4 TABLESPOONS BUTTER OR MARGARINE
- In skillet, add butter, crushed noodles, sesame seeds and almonds. (I add almonds at last minute as they brown quickly)
- Cook until light brown and crispy. Let cool. (this part can be prepared several days ahead if you wish.) I keep this mixture in the fridge to add to any kind of salad.
- Tear the cabbage and slice onions and place in a large bowl.
- (This can also be done ahead and put in plastic bag and fridge. Put onions in separate bag.)
- In a jar with a tight lid, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar and salt with the contents of the seasoning package from the Ramen noodles. Cover the jar and shake well to blend the dressings until the sugar dissolves. This can also be made ahead.
- 20 minutes before serving, put all the ingredients together, and add the dressing. Serve.
------------------
We had a wonderful family gathering on Easter before the egg hunt for the children, and the hit of the meal was a Napa Salad that Brenda made. The recipe was given to me by a dear friend, and I had loved it so when she made it that we decided to try it. It was wonderful!
4 comments:
Oh I loved this too! It was heavenly! Brenda did a great job. Thanks for having us. Happy Mothers Day!
I got this recipe from my mom and it is DELICIOUS!!!!! Thanks for sharing it.
Happy Mother's Day to you.
yummm that sounds really good, thanks for sharing, hugs Barbara
Hi, Just was wondering what is Nappa Cabbage?
Popped over from Val.
Post a Comment