For the past 5 months, I have been working hard on a quilt for Jami and Evan for their wedding. It was hard to work on it much, since I was working full time on my job, but I am now only working 2 days a week, and can finally do many of the things I have wanted to do for so long.
It started with this quilt book.
My friend, Laverne and I were looking at the book, and she decided she would make this quilt for her granddaughter. So, since my granddaughter Jami had just announced her engagement in October of 2011, I decided to do the same. We went together and picked out the fabric, identical fabrics for her quilt and mine also.
Soooo,,,,we met at her brother's lake house for a weekend,
Rising early each morning with coffee and wonderful breakfasts, and the sunrise on the lake, we began our work.
Rising early each morning with coffee and wonderful breakfasts, and the sunrise on the lake, we began our work.
And cut and cut and cut and sewed strips and sewed strips and sewed strips....
And when the weekend was over, we took our strips home and cut and cut and cut into NEW strips, then started putting them together................
The whole quilt is put together on the diagonal! What a challenge!
It took me until March 1st to get my quilt top finished. It is absolutely gorgeous! Laverne's is almost finished also.
Two happy granddaughters!
(Two happy grandmothers to get them done!)
15 comments:
Oh Alice Grace, it's beautiful!! I know your granddaughter will treasure it.
Oh my, it is absolutely gorgeous!!!! It is well worth the many hours you spent on it. That looks like the perfect spot to get a good start on both quilts too.
Oh Mom! Your pictures are beautiful but it doesn't do it justice. This is the prettiest quilt I have ever seen. Jami is going to love it!!!! I have lots of quilts but I don't have one made by you. hint hint.
Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous and I have no doubt your granddaughter will love it! So much love put into the making of that quilt, that's what makes it that much more special:-) So good to see you blogging again!! xoxo
Oh, My.....your quilt is a real beauty! So beautiful! The wedding couple will surely love it.
Susannah
( a friend of your daughter, Val)
Your quilt is so gorgeous. Your granddaughter will treasure it forever. There is love in every stitch.
This is gorgeous! What a wonderful grandmother you are to make such a perfect gift! Well done!!!
That is so beautiful ,I always wanted to hand make a quilt, just never got around to doing it, yours is lovely and must been so exciting for you to create this. Bless you and have a wonderful day.
Your quilt is just beautiful! And I'm so happy to see you back to blogging and doing things you love again! I'm so thankful that I found you through Val! Blessings, Becky
My goodness! This quilt is just beautiful! I love it. Your granddaughter is very lucky to receive such a beautiful quilt.
How did you get it on the diagonal like that from strips? I am such an amateur. If it isn't square I can't do it...I want to do more though. I'd love any tips that you have.
This is drop dead amazing. I love it. Incredible! Well done.
You have done a beautiful job! This pattern was the first three quilts I ever made. My Granny called it trip around the world, but I think people call it Boston Commons now, right? You have much to be proud of!
:-}pokey
nice post thanks for sharing looking for to visit more....blessings
nice post thanks for sharing...looking for to visit more...blessings...
Just wanted to pop in on your blog and let you know that a lot of people are praying for you Mom!!! I love you with all my heart! When you get better, I want you sewing and blogging again!!!
Post a Comment