Apr 9, 2008

Quilting 101- Class 4

QUILTING 101, CLASS 4



That's me, putting it together.



Valerie and "Teacher"

Valerie's quilt

Sorry for the dark picture, my camera did not flash here.



Almost ready to put the borders on.


We're almost there! Class 3 taught us to applique the flowers and leaves in the center of the quilt. Class 4 had us putting all the squares together for our class quilting project. The borders are not yet on, that is our homework this week. Next class, which will be the last, we will learn how to apply the batting and fabric to the back of our little wall hanging quilt so it can be quilted. She is supposed to give us a lesson on quilting it at the last lesson also.

As you can tell, my daughter, Valerie and I have had a great time learning. We have really learned a lot, which is helping us to finish our quilt along with Amanda Jean. We have also learned so much from Amanda Jean! Her tutorials are wonderful, and so easy to follow.

8 comments:

Val said...

What will I do on Monday nights once this class is over? Oh, I guess I will be quilting this little wall hanging.

Needled Mom said...

Both of yours and Valerie's quilts are beautiful. I love the fact that your teacher introduced you to so many different types of the quilting process. This is a great start for all future projects. I hope that you are enjoying it as much as it looks like you are.

CONNIE W said...

You both are moving right along and with excellent results. Well done!

The DO said...

Oh, the blocks look so pretty all together! Can't wait to see it all done!

JUST A MOM said...

CONTEST COME SEE

Emily Cole said...

Wow, those both look great! I like your colors better than Valerie's but hers is really pretty too! I can't believe you made that doll either - that's really cool! Great work on the clothes, they look really fancy!

*karendianne. said...

What a lovely Blog you have. And these quilts - how fun! And to be there with your daughter, who I happen to think is a really neat lady, well that's just wonderful.

Again, what a lovely Blog! *karendianne.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh I just love those colors! What a beautiful keepsape you've created! This is just the beginning, isn't it?

Have fun,
Lea