

Last weekend I had a small dinner party for some family members whom I had not had over for awhile. It was a very good night, with lots of reminiscing about old times and memories. I am so glad I did it. It was not even hard to do, just took a little time.
What amazed me was the fact that it takes so little effort to bring people together, and to have some good fellowship, when I had put it off so long!
The menu was Greek Salad, homemade yeast rolls, Chicken Pot-Pie, wild rice, green English peas, with a strawberry gelatin dessert and warm pineapple upside down cake for dessert. A very simple menu, but it was delicious!
I even got to show off my quilt blocks I am making from the quilt along with Amanda Jean and my quilting class at Lavender Lime Quilt Shop.Someone once said to me that we must nourish our friendships and family members by contacting them and spending time with them. I sometimes forget that in the busy life I lead, still working a full time job. But after the great fellowship I had last weekend with some family members, I realize they were right! That cliche', "Take time to smell the roses!" really works!
5 comments:
Your menu does sound yummy :) You're right that it is so worth it to take the time to be with family and friends..
hugs!
You have reminded me AGAIN, to stop and smell the roses. Your table is beautiful. You are my idol, Mom. I love you.
It is so important to hold friendships in a priority mode. When life slows down for you those friends will mean the most.
It sounds and looks like it was a wonderful time.
You are so right! We do have to take the time to nourish our friendships. Sometimes in my busy life I tend to forget that so thank you for the reminder! So worth while! Your table looks beautiful and your menu sounds YUMMY!
You are doing so well with your quilting class! I'm so impressed! Isn't it fun?! It's nice that you can do it with your daughter too, that makes it even more special.
I'm working on a princess wall hanging right now for two little girls and it is so fun! They wanted pink, purple and brown. I'll be posting it after it's finished and shipped out and with permission from the client.
I love the music on your blog so soothing and relaxing. :o)
It's me again! I've tagged you for a meme if you'd like to play :)
Post a Comment