Jan 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Valerie!!!



Valerie and her new grandson, Davis




This picture was made of me and Valerie at a Mother Daughter Luncheon a few years back. Aren't we a pair!




Happy Birthday to Valerie, my wonderful daughter!


What a great daughter! She sews, she gardens, she cans food, she freezes food, she cooks (see her cooking blog!) Val’s cooking blog she cares for the grandchildren, and of course is a wonderful devoted wife to her wonderful husband and most of all, a devoted child of God!


The song by Doris Day, "Love in a Home" depicts the feeling you get when you walk into her home. Love, Peace, Welcome.


What more can I say, other than I love her very much and I am so proud to call her my daughter!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faithful, kind and always true
Reassuring through and through
Insightful in your wise advice
Enthusiastic, sweet and nice
Noted for your smiling face
Dear friend, no one could take your place
A very Happy Birthday!
I agree with you Alice, Val is super talented and always makes you feel welcome in her home. She can't be beat! I love her so! Happy Birthday my best bud! Vicki

Val said...

Mom, you will never know what this means to me. You make me sound so perfect and I am for sure NOT! I love the Doris day song-it is one of my favorites. I need to add it to my playlists. I love you. You are the best mother ever!!! Thank you for all of your inspiration, guidance, and LOVE. Happy Birthday to me!!!

Needled Mom said...

A very happy birthday to Valerie. I will have to go over and wish her one on her blog. I hope she is enjoying her day.

*karendianne. said...

And congratulations to you for having brought such a wonderful spirit into the world.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Valerie!

Thank you for sharing these sweet photos. I love them!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you both! You are two wonderful women with beauty and grace and talent. You have inspired us all with your giving nature and love for all! I love you both, dear Mama, and dear Sister!

Carole Burant said...

Wishing Valerie a very Happy Birthday! I posted a card for her on my blog this morning and now have to go to her blog to give her my best wishes:-) She certainly is a daughter you can be proud of!! Love the pictures. xoxo

jacquie said...

love that hat!! you and aretha would make a great pair.

Susie said...

Great pictures! I especially love the one of the two of you together.
I've missed visiting with you, and hope to be by a little more often now.
((hugs))