I am retiring my old Kenmore sewing machine! It is a good one, but in the past few months I have purchased two Brother machines. One regular machine with lots more stitches available, and one like my daughter, Valerie has, which will do many things, including some embroidering.
Valerie and I had been discussing this machine for awhile, and at one time almost bought a very expensive Bernina, but got cold feet at the price and backed out. We decided this Brother machine would get us started, then we can move up to a more expensive and wonderful one once we feel more comfortable with it, both economically and experience wise. Then she got blessed with her little Brother machine for Christmas, and so I took some of my Christmas gift money from my girls and bought one for myself just like it.
So, it is time to pass the old Kenmore along to someone who is learning to sew and will use it happily. My great-granddaughter, Triston, is learning to sew with the help of her Gran (Valerie). I am so proud of her.
Along with passing the machine along to Tris, I am also including some new denim fabric and several other pieces that she can use to make purses, or whatever she wants to do with it. There are more fabrics and pillow covers than this in the stash I will give her.
Jan 28, 2009
Passing It On
Passing on my old Kenmore sewing machine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh how sweet. Triston is so excited about you giving her this sewing machine. Thank you for blessing her. That is what you do best.....bless others.
Wow!!! I am so very excited about the sewing machine and every thing else you are giving me!! Granny showed me how to make a pillow so thats where im starting. My Best friend loved the purse you sewed me so much, she wants one too. So hopefully by her birthday, you or granny can show me how you did it!
Thanks for everything!! I love you!
How loving and sweet of you. Your great-granddaughter will be blessed by you. :D
How lovely! and how special to watch your grandaughter learn the skills that you and Valerie have.I was very pleased when my youngest daughter took some quilting courses and then my eldest daughter put lots of patches together while they were staying with us before going on the mission field...my job is to complete the quilt!
it's wonderful to pass it on. i would love to hear how you like your new machine. i can't afford a bernina, but i do need a better machine. my old singer just can't keep up.
I wish that I'd had a sewing machine at her age. I'm thankful that my grandmother passed on her gifts for sewing by hand and embroidery, but man what I could have done with a sewing machine! Triston is one lucky girl.
A priceless gift! I am so proud of you all!
The gift of your sewing machine and knowledge about sewing will help her develop skills and a hobby she can use in all the years to come.
hugs))
That is so wonderful to pass on your machine to your Great granddaughter! She will put it to good use for sure. I am so glad others are teaching their grandchildren and great grandchildren how to sew and do things as there are so many out there that don't know any of the things that we all grew up doing. We certainly don't want sewing to be a lost art! My 6 year old granddaughter sews and cooks and I just LOVE doing it with her!
Happy belated birthday to your beautiful daughter! What a blessing to have a daughter or in my case a granddaughter to have for a friend and cohort! :o) I loved Valeries post this morning and she inspired me to get going on some things that I have been meaning to do.
Love the picture of you two together! You are both beautiful inside and out! xoxo
Post a Comment