Feb 28, 2009

Funky Monkey Quilt

I had not shown my Funky Monkey quilt since I finished it, so thought I would put a picture on of it. I made this quilt for the newest member of our family, little Davis! I think it will make a good quilt for playing in the floor for little Davis.


The quilt is not really beautiful as quilts are expected to be. First of all, it was put together by me, an amateur! The funky monkey fabrics had the monkeys printed so as to make a cloth book out of it, therefore, the five funky monkeys were out of order on the panel. I had to cut them out and reorganize them so as to have them in order on the quilt. I really liked the sashing I did between each monkey.


1 funky monkey jumping on the bed. 1 fell off and bumped his head. Mommy called the doctor and the doctor said, "no more funky monkeys jumping on the bed."
2 funky monkeys jumping on the bed. 1 fell off and bumped his head. Mommy called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more funky monkeys jumping on the bed."
3 funky monkeys jumping on the bed. 1 fell off and bumped his head. Mommy called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more funky monkeys jumping on the bed."
4 funky monkeys jumping on the bed. 1 fell off and bumped his head. Mommy called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more funky monkeys jumping on the bed."
5 funky monkeys jumping on the bed. 5 fell off and bumped their heads. Mommy called the doctor and the doctor said, "Those funky monkeys should learn from their mistakes."


4 comments:

Val said...

This is so cute. I can't wait until I can see it in person. Davis will love it.

Needled Mom said...

Awwww....that is so cute. I love that story too. I am sure it will be loved to bits.

Lynn said...

Beautiful baby! I think the quilt is wonderful. Lucky boy to have a grandmother to make a quilt for him - plus those monkeys are darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow Nana! It's unbelievable!!! Davis will love it and he will always cherish it because you made it. This means so much to us both. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I can't wait for you to see mmy little monkey. He has grown so much and is now 12 lbs. He is so sweet and he has made me complete. Thanks again. This gift means more than you know...