Feb 18, 2009

Sewing Machine Fun


For all of you who have wonderful sewing machines this may not be much, but I am learning to use my new little Brother machine. It is an inexpensive machine, but you have to start somewhere, right?
A friend wanted a little presentation siggy on the back of a quilt she was giving her grandson. I told her I would see if I could do it on my new machine. I had not tried the embroidery part yet, so this was a trial run.
After some practice of lining it up, I think I did pretty good for a first try!

4 comments:

Val said...

Oh Mom, how precious. That is a very special gift. I know they will love it. You did good on that little machine!

Anonymous said...

It looks very nice! My Bernina has an embroidery module and I use it so little that each time I do I have to re-learn. If I would keep in practice I might want to use it more but my habits have made it something I keep procrastinating. I did monogram the fleece blankets my grandchildren have at my house so they can spot their own. It was easy. But then I forget again when I don't use it. Enjoy yours!

Susie said...

You did a great job. I also think that personalizing a gift adds a very special touch :)
xo

jacquie said...

looks great...your inexpensive machine does great things. mine wouldn't do this in a million years.