Mar 8, 2009

Machine Embroidery Thread

My machine embroidery thread stash from WalMart
My new rack that came with my 61 spools of thread on Ebay!


My 60 spools on the rack that I found on Ebay!

I know that Valerie and I have mentioned our new little inexpensive Brother sewing machine. I had bought some machine embroidery thread for us both at WalMart for $4.54 per spool. Wow, I thought that was pretty expensive when you want to own so many colors! So I went on Ebay shopping around and look what I found for $63 with free shipping! I am so proud! So I will be anxious to try lots of things now with all my wonderful new colors! This came with 60 (plus 1) spools, same size as WalMart sells, 1100 yds. per spool, plus the rack to keep them on! What a buy! I am excited, and can't wait to use them.

I found this quote on my daughter,Valerie's blog and I asked her if I could put it in this post. It is so true, because sometimes you feel that people don't really know who you really are sometimes, if you don't live up to their expectations of you.

"I am aware that I am less than people prefer me to be, but most people are unaware that I am so much more than what they see."

I think that is so true sometimes. People think they know you and their expectations of you sometimes get in the way of who you really are! Good quote you found, Valerie!

Have a great week, everyone!



9 comments:

Val said...

I WANT your embroidery thread!! What am I talking about-- you are my Mom! I can come and get some anytime I want to. I am the most blessed daughter to have a mother like you. Don't you just love that quote? It is me! It is you! I love you more than my own life!

Millie said...

I am not an embroiderer, but I love your thread stash. So inspiring it makes you want to sew.

Needled Mom said...

Don't you love all the luscious colors of the embroidery threads? A small hint if you are going to keep them on the rack...keep them covered with a plastic cover. The dust that the stands collect can really cause havoc in the machine. Plus, the light damages the thread.

I can't wait to see what creations you two come up with on the machines.

Susie said...

Great find! I love bargains like this :)
Can't wait to see some of your creations!
xo

jacquie said...

wow! what a great find! that thread is so expensive.

Midlife Mom said...

Oh my! What a great find on Ebay! I just LUV beautiful threads!!! You will have so much fun with them making pretty things. I agree with Needled Mom, make sure you keep them covered up, as much as you would like to keep them out to look at, the dust really globs up your machine. :o) I speak from experience! :o( Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Special find! I can't wait to see your next great project! I loved the purse. Love, Brenda

StitchinByTheLake said...

I do a little machine embroidery and you are so right - thread is expensive. But the colors just seem to say, "take me home." :) blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

Hi Valeries Mom!!! I love your blog. I have been following your daughters blog for a while. I finally made it over to yours. I am glad I did you have a great blog. Your daughter mentioned you hurt your back and I wanted you to know I am a praying for you.
It is nice to of met you!!
Blessings,
Julie