Mar 2, 2009

Sunday Sewing Fun





Today I made a handbag. It was such fun to make. Actually this is the trial version. I want to make one out of some upholstery fabric samples that I have. I thought I would just try one with some quilting scraps I had on hand.
I fell in love with a pattern from here. It is called The Sweet Pea Handbag. It was easy as pie to make! I used black and pink polka dotted fabric on the back side of the purse and the handle.

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is absolutely adorable. I'll bet you will have fun wearing it....or is it a gift???

Val said...

Oh I love it. I can't wait to try one myself. You did great. I bet it was a lot of fun!

Susie said...

So cute :) You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Your bag looks terrific. After all these years of sewing and quilting I still have not made my first bag...I need to get that on the to-do list. Love the new look on your blog!

Carole Burant said...

Omigosh, how adorable that purse is! The pattern is called Sweet Pea? Named after me, eh? lol You did a wonderful job making it and I'm really loving the pinks...beautiful!! xoxo

Sandy said...

What a darling bag..love the polka dots...I have to get more polka dot fabric myself. Very cute.

Midlife Mom said...

Really cute bag! Thanks for putting in the link for the directions. Looks like some interesting things on there and some are even free. I like your Funky Monkey quilt too. I made a monkey quilt for a little boy and he loved it. Those are fun projects. Happy belated birthday to Tyler!!! Yes, if you want some help with anything computer, Ipod etc call a young man! They just seem to catch onto that stuff so quickly, much faster then I do! lol!

lindsey said...

These are great...you are so clever! I am amazed at just how much you fit into your days and what a blessing you are to your family!

Anonymous said...

A very talented Mother we have! I love the pretty bag! I remember how much fun you seemed to have doing it! Always a wonderful role model for us! I haven't been on in a while so it is so nice to catch up with you and your projects! Happy Birthday to Tyler - we can't wait to see you very soon! I love you! Brenda

Katy said...

That is adorable!!! What a WONDERFUL job you did with it!!! :)

Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog today!!! I absolutely LOVE hearing from others who have the same sense as myself...and to hear the truth in what Glenn Beck is saying!!! :) I pray we can turn this country around for the better!!!! :)