Mar 29, 2009

Thank you for your Prayers and kind thoughts

I just wanted to take a quick moment and say thank you to everyone for your kind wishes and prayers for me during my illness with my back.
Two doctors, prednesolone injections and pills, and muscle relaxers have sure helped. Today I am up and feeling much better. Quite a difference from just Friday when I could not hardly make it to the kitchen! The pain has been horrendous, but I praise God that I am better with the prayers of my friends and family and the doctor's care.
Last Saturday I had an idea about changing a room around, and moved some furniture. By Sunday I could hardly walk. I have promised my family I would never move furniture again!
Thank you all again for your kind wishes and emails and comments. I expect to be back to normal in just a few days now, as I am already feeling much better.

16 comments:

Susie said...

I'm sorry to hear of your back pain but what good news that you're feeling better now.
Moving furniture can be hard on one's back!
Don't overdo..
xo

Anonymous said...

Praise God that your are feeling better. I am glad they found out what was wrong. I was thinking that a little fabric shopping would get your right back in shape!! just an idea :-)

*karendianne. said...

Homework. Repeat over and over...

"I am not a moving man."
"I am not a moving man."
"I am not a moving man."
"I am not a moving man."

Anonymous said...

It must have been terrible to have that pain, so glad that you're improved. Continue to take care.

Lynn said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Val said...

Don't let my Mother kid you. She is some better, but still in a lot of pain. Good try Mom! You better take care of yourself. I miss you!!!

Sandy said...

So very glad to hear that you are feeling better. Yes, our brain says yes, but our bodies sometimes say NO!

Carole Burant said...

Dear Alice,

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling so much better and prayers that it continues that way!! I guess you had to learn the hard way NOT TO MOVE FURNITURE AROUND!!!! lol I'm always after my mom to not lift or move anything in her apartment because she always ends up on her back...so far she's been listening to me:-) xoxo

Sandy said...

Hi again. Valerie says that you are still not feeling great. Those back things take sooo long to feel better. I think it is because we use it so much, it can't just heal quickly. Prayers for a complete recovery real soon. Have a good weekend.

your daughter, Karen said...

So glad you are feeling better today! I decided to check your blog because I thought for sure you would put something wonderful on about all the work dad did in the yard. It really looks great!

Midlife Mom said...

So glad you are feeling a bit better. I love to move furniture around too but really shouldn't do it any more. Did my back in a few weeks ago lifting bags of grain, won't do that again either! Take care and pamper yourself so that you heal quickly! xoxo

Susie said...

Just popping in again to let you know I'm thinking of you. Is your back feeling better?

lindsey said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Will continue to pray for a full recovery. Enjoy the spring and don't do too much.

Millie en Miles said...

Sorry about you re back but very good that you are feeling better now....and such a lovely home !!!! The veranda gorious !!!

Midlife Mom said...

Have a wonderful Easter!!! xoxoxo

Brenda Sue said...

I love you.