Then, of course, we stopped by Lavender Lime quilt shop and bought some fabric!
Then, to home and Laverne squared up all my dutch doll blocks for me, and I worked on the embellishments of my blocks. She brought all kinds of lace and ribbons and buttons to help me out. This quilt of mine will be special, too, although I cannot embroider all the names like she has, but I have a plan, which I will discuss later.
11 comments:
It can't get much better than that Mom! I am so glad you had a wonderful day. You deserve it. I love the pics of the quilts and would love to see more of Lavernes quilt. I can't wait to see what you are gonna do with yours also.
It sounds like it was a spectacular day - good friend, yummy food and quilting. It doesn't get much better than that.
Those quilts were all gorgeous. I really liked the scrappy quilt with the circles. Very interesting!
The dutch doll quilt must be quite the quilt. I hope that you will eventually be able to post a picture of the whole quilt. It definitely sounds like something that needs to be hand quilted, both because of the memories and the embellishments on it. I also hope that you will post more photos of your girls as they "develop" along the way.
Enjoy your week.
Good Morning, You and Laverne look like you had such a great time. Her memory quilt will be such a treasure and I look forward to what you are up to with yours also. I keep hearing about Panera Bread and I have never eaten there. I know I love Olive Garden though. That's a great picture of you two. Thank you for sharing.
Isn't it wonderful to have such a friend to enjoy such lovely days with?:-) The quilts are just gorgeous and it sounds like Laverne's Memory quilt will be quite beautiful. I'm also looking forward to seeing how yours turns out:-) xoxo
Oh my goodness! What beautiful quilts! It inspires me to get into my sewing room and finish up some of my UFO's! Can't wait to see your quilt all finished!!!! What a great day with a good friend, quilts and fabric and lunch at Olive Garden! Just seeing that big salad bowl makes me want to run over to O.G. for my dinner. When we were in the midst of our kitchen remodel we had take out from there quite often, oh how I love those breadsticks! Great post!
What a great day, it's always good to share those times with friends and the quilts are amazing. I will look forward to seeing yours when its done, have fun doing it!
Gosh what a nice day. How far we've come from that back episode! Healed. I love this. I really enjoyed all these quilts, especially the memory quilt with the names in the sashing. I've never heard of that so it was new to me - neat.
a wonderful day! loved looking at all the quilts too!
looks like a wonderful time! I like the second quilt best....and Olive Garden is one of my favorite restaurants!
that place looks nice you were eating at my favorte place
This was a wonderful weekend for you! You two look like you laugh and giggle alot! Thanks for sharing with us! Love, Brenda
Post a Comment