Yesterday, my daughter, Valerie and I drove over to the North Georgia mountains to Blairsville, GA to a quilt show. We had such a great time together! The quilts in the show were just gorgeous!
I bid on one little landscape wall hanging, and they called me and told me that I won it in a silent auction! They will mail it to me, as the quilt show announced the winners today, and I could not get back over there today.
We were so happy to meet a fellow blogger there who is a quilter. Dot recognized Valerie and me and came up and introduced herself. We were so happy to meet her. Below is a picture of Dot and me at the show. Go over and visit Dot at her blog, asouthernquiltersjoy.blogspot.com!
There were a lot of quilt entries in the show. Some of my very favorites were the landscape wall hangings that were in most, made from snapshots of the quilter's favorite picture of their favorite places, people, and pets.
These are only a very few of the quilts on display. I am afraid I was so intrigued with looking at the quilts that sometimes I forgot to make pictures! Of course, Valerie got many more pictures than I did, so she will be showing a lot more on her next blog.
9 comments:
So many gorgeous quilts!!
It looks like you had a great time together.
Thank you for visiting my blog and becoming a follower!! I will add you to my follower list also! I enjoy your blog and Val's also!! You both are just beautiful southern ladies!!
Sounds like a fun time! Blairsville is such a pretty area and the quilts are so unique and pretty. Congrats on winning the wall hanging! How wonderful that a fellow blogger recognized you and Val.
Thank you for the pictures of the beautiful quilts. Guess who forgot her camera? Again,so nice to have met you and Valarie
Oh Mom, I cannot tell you what a wonderful day I had. The quilt show was wonderful but we had so many special moments. The flowers, the cabin, the hotel, etc. I felt like I had a mini vacation. I made up for it today by getting back to work though. Thank you so much.
Lovely pictures, and what fun, meeting a fellow blogger! What a nice day you had.
Enjoy God's blessings,
Michelle
I like the first one, too.
Mama Bear
The quilts are beautiful! So many gifted people! I am jealous, ya'll look like you had to much fun.
THANKS FOR COMING TO OUR QUILT SHOW.
BET
LYN LEARY'S FRIEND
What a nice time you must have had with your daughter...and lucky you to have won your silent auction!
Rene'
Post a Comment