May 24, 2010

Weekend at the Lake and Friday Night sew-in

I have not yet done the Friday Night Sew-in because I ended up going out of town for the weekend with my friend, Laverne.  I will do my "Friday night" this coming Friday night instead.     Thank you, Heidi  and Bobbi for hosting this wonderful Sew-in!
Laverne has twin grandsons, and I have been trying to work on little play quilts for them, and I am very behind, but I have finally got a grip on quilting on the sewing machine since I got my 401A thru Michelle.  I love love love this machine!  the quilting is so very easy on it.  I used the basting spray and all the layers stayed just like I wanted them to.  All I like finishing this one is the binding.  It should be finished by the end of this week.  
I just need to put the binding on this one and get the second one started.
Below are a few pictures from my weekend get-away.
A lone fisherman early in the morning.
My weekend was great!  We read books, solved the problems of the world with conversation, sat on the dock and got some well needed sun and had some great food!  It does not take much for us these days to enjoy ourselves, just give us good food, good books, and a beautiful lake house! 
Here are some scenes from the lake house that is owned by Laverne's brother.  He is so creative!  Above, he got an old tea pot, and an old dishpan, and made a water fountain!  It looks better than my pictures depict! 
But here is the best!  This table in a bedroom was made from an old Singer treadle machine base!  he painted it and put a glas top on for a night table.  It is absolutely beautiful!

10 comments:

Val said...

Wow. I LOVED this post! I love that singer table too! I can't wait to see your twin quilts. I am so glad that you had a good time this weekend. You deserve it.

Andrea said...

Thank you for stopping by arise 2 write and praying for MaryGrace.
GOD BLESS YOU!
Hugs,
andrea

Bobbi said...

what a perfect weekend! i miss the lakes...growing up on the border of MN makes a me lake girl at heart. nothing more peaceful. have fun sewing friday :)

Michelle said...

What a wonderful relaxing time, and with friends too! Nothing could be better!

Needled Mom said...

Isn't it amazing how many world problems can be sorted out with good friends? It sounds like a load of fun.

The little decorations around the lake house are wonderful. I love the teapot water fountain and the table is perfect.

Your quilt looks fabulous. I enlarged it to see the cute pictures on the fabrics. It will be loved.

Midlife Mom said...

Your daughters mailbox is just amazing!!!! I have never tried to grow clematis but this sure gives me the urge to go buy one!

So nice that you had such a wonderful weekend. There's nothing like a good friend that you are comfortable with and can just kick back and solve the worlds problems! :o)

The quilts are beautful! What a lovely surprise!

I LOVE the sewing machine bedside table!!!! It is just so cute and creative! I learned to sew on one of those old iron treddle ? machines!!!

It's HOT here but I'm not complaining. May have a thunder storm later in the day so I am going to put the horses in before Mom and I go to an appointment about 45 minutes away. Don't want them out in it!

Have a wonderful rest of your week. Always love hearing from you!!!!! xoxox

Jocelyn said...

Lovely post. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

Hi my new found friend, I so enjoyed your blog, and found you through your daughters blog, I love your photos, and that old singer table is just wonderful, such a wonderful way to preserve our history, thank you for sharing, I am adding your blog to my favorites too, I will be back, and do stop by and visit me, I am a Southern Georgia gal, and love blogging, lots of hugs,Barbara
http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/

*karendianne. said...

Gosh but the quilt is so sweet, friend. Very sweet.

The photos from your trip are amazing. I was amazed to see the night table in a bedroom that was made from an old Singer treadle machine base! How magical. I can see you light up. Oh I'm happy for you.

prashant said...

what a perfect weekend! i miss the lakes..
Contextual Ad Network India