I now see the importance of a design wall! I had not had one. Jacquie of Tall Grass Prairie Studio told me how to make one easily from a display board from Office Depot and flannel fabric. It was such a great idea, and easy to make. I really appreciated that, as I did not know where to begin on it.
I have placed my amateur blocks on there, and I now see why it is a must to have one. I have some blocks made that began as paisley prints, then I ran across some more fabric that was more bold and I changed to them. Now, the paisley do not go, so I will have to remake those and remove the "mavericks". I would not have realized the significance of it all had I not made the design board. Or, maybe I should go back to the paisley fabric! What to do! what to do! Oh well, my only excuse is that I am a beginner! (You may also note that I am not too good a photographer! LOL).
Please note my first choice of music on this post, "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy", in honor of a wonderful blogger friend Karen Dianne Lee who is not well. She is a wonderful person who is very ill right now. If you have a chance, go visit her blog and send her good wishes and a prayer.


6 comments:
Praying for KDL with fervency and determined enthusiasm! Your design wall and stars are both fantastic, this will be a lovely quilt soon.
I think it is beautiful!
BTW, the scripture below is my very favorite!
My prayers are also with your friend, Karen.
Love, Brenda
I love your new design wall. You will have to show me how to make one since I will be having to move my sewing room. I hope you feel better. My prayers are with Karen Dianne Lee. I love your blocks! They are beautiful.
Thank you for stopping by my blog..now off to read all your posts...please come again...I have a second one with all my embroidery and crafting stuff...
Design walls are the best! I have changed so many things around after putting the pieces up on the board.
I'll have to check out Karen's blog. I wish her well.
I just came back from visiting Karen and letting her know I am thinking good thoughts for her! Thanks for letting us know about her so that we can be praying.
I don't have a design wall yet but will have to make one. Everyone that has one says that they couldn't be without it!
Post a Comment