A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A TIRED SEAM RIPPER

Today I was in demand more than ever before! I felt so honored until...........near the end of the day, I was tired! My owner made me work off and on all day to fix a quilt block she was doing for her homework on Monday night!
She sewed the block, took it out, sewed it again, took it out, and on and on and on. I had to work on that green triangle so many times I was green! The points of the triangle just did not suit her! I sure hope she learns what she is doing so that I won't have to work so hard next time. Her daughter, Valerie obviously had a difficult time too, but she finished hers much faster than my owner, Alice Grace.
Anyway, it finally got done and below are the results. (Please notice my hard work on the seams that have been removed over and over again.) I know my owner, Alice Grace really appreciates me, but I hope she lets me rest until this class is over!
She is SUPPOSED to be following the directions in the book below!


Aren't you proud of me!
7 comments:
Hey My seam ripper and your seam ripper could have a great conversation today or maybe they are sleeping in! LOL I guess that is how we learn!
All your blocks are so pretty! I just love the green/red/white combo.
We all have a love-hate relationship with our seam rippers. Don't be so hard on yourself as the block looks great.
Eleanor B. has made quilting so much easier for people learning to quilt these days. The old template construction was quite a task. I hope that you are enjoying the process.
You guys are doing great!!!! I love the colors
I saw your comment on Rhonda's blog about being older than her and just starting blogging. I am older than her as well and have be blogging about three years. I love it. I see also that you are a doll maker...me, too. I have not quilted as much since I learned to make the dolls but I have a large quilt studio full of fabric. In April I will have a fabric blowout sale to move some along and make way for dolls! Jan
Your quilt is coming along beautifully! I am so proud of you!
Karen
Your quilt square turned out lovely. Your hard work paid off~
Post a Comment