Mar 8, 2008

Saturday Project

New decorator fabric bought at Hancock's in their half-price sale! What a deal!






I believe these were the original chair covers that came with the antique dining room suite
New foam and fabric.

My DS with the trusty electric staple gun.


Me, so happy to get this job done!
The finished product!

Every Saturday I try to do some project that has been on my list to do. I don't always do so well, but today I actually finished a project I had been wanting to do for a long time, with the help of my dear sister.

I had purchased the fabric to cover my dining room chairs and finally got it done! My dining room suite is an antique and the cushions on it might have been original. Anyway, I am proud to say that I have finally completed that task. My sister and I had so much fun doing it, although both of us are amateurs at this type of thing, we feel like we are experienced in it now. It was a lovely day to spend with her. She fixed our lunch and we finally finished 6 chair cushions. We used one of the old fabric pieces to make the pattern, added new foam to make the chairs more comfortable. What a fun day!

2 comments:

Val said...

I just love them! You did a great job. I know you must be proud.

Unknown said...

The Chairs look really good!I love the color. I hope you have a great week. Blessings. Lisa