Jun 20, 2008

Flowers in June




When I was nine years old, my very first corsage was a gardenia corsage to go with my first evening gown for my piano recital. Ever since, the gardenia has been my very favorite flower.
My gardenia bush, which comes back every year to greet me with it's wonderful blooms and fragrance.
I love this hydranga. It was a flower that grew at our home as I as growing up and was a favorite of my Mother's. I am so proud I was able to find one like it to plant in my yard.




I took a pictures before I went to work today of a couple of my flowers that were in bloom. My gardenia bush is full of blooms. The fragrance is wonderful.

6 comments:

Val said...

This is like a breath of fresh air. Thank you Mom for sharing this. I just love your flowers and your love of them!

jacquie said...

Loving your quilt-a-long blocks! Oooh gardenias. Love them!

Susie said...

My Mom always had a beautiful gardenia bush in her garden. She would float the blossoms in a cut glass bowl on her coffee table.
The fragrance filled the living room...
xo

Anonymous said...

I never saw or smelled fresh gardenias until my Georgia native sister-in-law wore them in her wedding corsage and I immediately fell in love with them. I don't believe they can survive our cold winters in Indiana and I've never heard of them being grown here. The hydrangea is also so beautiful.

Midlife Mom said...

Your flowers are so beautiful! I think our Maine winters are just too cold for gardenias. :o(
You sure must have a green thumb! I do have mock orange that is blooming now and is just soooooooo fragrant!

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are beautiful!
The pictures you took are great!
Love you Nana