Last weekend my friend, Laverne, and I went to the lake for a weekend getaway. We had lots of rest, good food, and exercise.
While there, we went over to the multimillion dollar gated community that is being started. Lo and behold, we did not know it, but there was the DIY (Do It Yourself TV program) Blog Cabin. I had watched some of it on TV, but to actually get to see it was exciting, and believe me it is no cabin in the sense of what that word seems to be. It must have been 5000 square feet, and is located in a curve of the lake so that the lake can be viewed from most of the house.
Watts Bar Lake in Spring City is so beautiful and the water appears to be so very clean. We had so much fun!
Laverne cut out her block 3 of the Quiltalong by Amanda Jean while there. She is joining us on the Quiltalong and is so excited about it.
9 comments:
Wow, what a cabin...I would take one like that any day...wouldn't you.
I enjoy looking at your flowers in the side panel..I love to quilt but also have a passion for my flowers.
Amelia in Oklahoma
Oh My! This is a dream cabin! We could have a lot of fun in that! I am glad you had a good getaway! Go Laverne! I am glad she is joining the quiltalong!
Sounds like you had a great weekend.
Oh wow......what a cabin!!!! I want it.
Glad that you had such a great time and just enjoyed a little "playing."
Wow, it looks like you had a great time! I would love to live in a log cabin like that! Of course I would have to have help cleaning it though! Wow... it's gorgeous.
That lakeside setting is gorgeous!
Wouldn't that log cabin be a wonderful place to hang out!
I've tagged you for a meme. Only do it if you feel like it. I know how busy this time of year can be.
xo
Wow! That is quite the log cabin!!! I can just see myself there in front of the fireplace reading a good book! lol! I'll have to check DIY and find that show. Glad you had such a nice time on your weekend get away. Thanks for posting such nice pictures so we all can enjoy your trip! :o)
Looks like a lovely getaway. Your quilt-a-long blocks are coming along nicely. It's hard to believe you're just learning to quilt! So glad you left a comment on my blog so I could find you! I'll be checking back!
that's not what I think of when I hear the word cabin, either! :) glad you had a good time at the lake.
Post a Comment