Sep 23, 2008

Another Trunk Show at Lavender Lime Quilt shop

I bought a new magazine this past weekend on quilting and also bought this NANCY ZIEMAN book off Ebay, so I have plenty to look at and read to try to learn more on quilting.

I love this book of Nancy's. It is so explanatory and makes me believe I can do this!



I recently went to another quilt show at Lavender Lime Quilt Shop. Unfortunately, my camera batteries went dead in the middle of the show and I did not get some of the best quilts shown. But I thought you might enjoy the ones I did get pictures of. We really have some great talent in our area, as do all of you. I am so in awe of people who do such beautiful work.










I liked this one with the cats of all colors.




She made this one for her son's motor home.






TThis one was a kit with cross-stitch embroidery.
This was made for a new grandchild.



My daughter, Valerie came and spent the day with me on Sunday and we sewed all day and cooked, and just had fun together. Valerie so inspires me! We are both ready to start our setting blocks now for Amanda Jean's Star Quiltalong. We are so excited about this quilt that she has shown us how to do.

10 comments:

Alice Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Needled Mom said...

I love Nancy's work. She is an incredible seamstress.

The quilt photos are awesome...again. I love the string quilts, but also really like the funky star quilt. It looks like it would be fun to make.

Carole Burant said...

Every time I see a quilt, I'm always amazed at the detail...such beautiful work! I so wish I knew how to quilt, especially when I see gorgeous quilts like those you're showing. Make sure you come enter my Halloween Giveaway:-) xoxo

Midlife Mom said...

Oh those quilts just make me drool! The one for the new baby is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time! Once winter gets here I HAVE to get going on some of my UFO's. You will love Nancy's book, she is so good and gives excellent directions.

The pictures of the cut out fruit and veggies are just a howl! The one with the woman stepping into the celulite cream is just hilarious!!!! Thanks for the good laugh this morning!

Take care and have a wonderful weekend. It's raining dogs and cats here so I guess we won't be outside doing anything fun. :o( Oh well, we need the rain so I shouldn't complain. We rescheduled our big fundraiser to October 11th so hopefully we will get a good day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice Grace,

Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet comment.

I enjoyed all the quilt pictures you have posted - it's always great to see what other people are making! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
*karendianne. said...

The string quilt really caught my eye and boy the colors in the star quilt are just amazing, aren't they? Wow. What a neat quilt.

Thank you for sharing. *karendianne.

Midlife Mom said...

Just me again. Thanks for stopping by and your kind words concerning my Mom. Appreciate so much all the prayers for her. She had a pretty good day today so hopefully it will go fast for her. Take care!

G'G'ma said...

I love to get new quilting magazines and books also. It is a must to sit down right away for that first quick go-through.

Enjoyed your quilt show pictures and laughed at the fruit and veggie people. When our son was in culinary school he used to make all kinds of creatures for table decorations.

Anonymous said...

I love these quilts! Makes me want to snuggle under! Love, Brenda