May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Karen!

What a happy Mother's day I had this year! After being so sick with my back problems, things are looking up! I had two good painfree days this weekend. I knew things were getting better, as last week I had several fairly good days. I think the worst is over!


First of all, my Daughter, Karen, is having a birthday today! She was actually born on a Mother's day, and sometimes her birthday falls on Mother's day every so often. In addition to helping me in the house, she also brought me a special cushion for my back that I can take to work and put in my chair there. She lives in my same neighborhood, and I can always count on her to be here for me in an instant if I ask. She has been keeping my house in order since I have been down in my back, and that is a big thing for me, because I hate to have things out of place. She and her two sons, Tyler and Matthew are always doing for me constantly.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN! You are so good to me and I love you!



Karen and me at Olive Garden for her birthday.

On another note, my other daughter, Valerie gave me a wonderful Mother's day present that just totally shocked me! A Singer Featherweight sewing machine! She also got one for herself. (We have to have everything alike when it comes to sewing.) I love it and it sews like a dream (after Valerie came and showed me how to load the bobbin)!

I love love love this little machine! Thank you, Valerie!
My daughter, Valerie

Also, Brenda and her son, Robbie came down for Saturday and Sunday and we went to Olive Garden to celebrate Karen's birthday. Brenda, Robbie and Jami gave me a gift certificate for a massage at the Spa. Wow that ought to help my back! I am looking forward to that.


My daughters, Brenda and KarenLittle D getting dedicated. Mommie and Daddy are so happy with their new joy.

We all even went to Calhoun to see Little D get dedicated today in their church. Now that was one wonderful time! We had two benches full of family to watch this wonderful dedication
Today I am so grateful for family, for my children and grandchildren and the great grandchildren! I praise the Lord for them all, and I also am praising Him because I am improving so very much! Thanks to all of you for your wonderful support and prayers in my behalf.

I hope you all had a great Mother's day and weekend! I did!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! So happy that you are feeling better. Hope you enjoy that new sewing machine. The baby is very sweet. I know a preacher in Calhoun. His name is Jeff Hawkins. His sister and I have been friends since childhood. It's hard for me to see in this picture, but it kind of looks like him.

Val said...

Mom, I am so happy that you are better and I knew you would just love the little machine! A very special happy birthday to my sister, Karen! I am so thankful for the day we had yesterday too! In Mildred's comment she said she knew thought she knew the preacher at Mandys church--She does! It is Jeff Hawkins! Isn't that amazing?

Brenda said...

It turns out to be a very small world, huh Mildred? He was an AMAZING preacher. We loved every minute of the whole weekend! Our beautiful Mama is so amazing and strong. She is our best friend. Karen is also an amazing person with beauty and kindness being her strongest gifts. Happy Birthday, Karen! Happy Mother's Day, Mama! We love you so much!

Needled Mom said...

It is so nice to read a post from you and I am soooo glad that you have actually had two painfree days. Perhaps the time spent on the little Featherweight took the kink out of the back????? What a lovely gift!

Happy birthday to your sweet daughter. You have such a wonderful family.

What a thrill it must have been to see baby Davis get dedicated. Isn't it fun to see your little ones being introduced into their faith?

Have fun sewing. You will love that sinlge hole throat plate on the machine. It makes starting those quarter inch seams so much easier.

Susie said...

So very good to see a post from you and hear that you are feeling better.
Time spent with loved ones and friends is among life's greatest blessings.
So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Happy Birthday to Karen!
♥

Midlife Mom said...

What a lovely post! I can feel the love that your family has for one another and it is precious! So glad that you like your featherweight!! That's on my wish list! :o)

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear that your back is still causing problems for you. But what a wonderful mother's day surrounded by loved ones. And that sewing machine!!!!