May 19, 2009

Tree Cutting Time!

I recently wrote about two pine trees that fell in my yard because of a bad storm. I have now decided to have them all cut down out of my yard, and replace them with some smaller and more attractive trees. Many of these trees are very near my house, and if they fell, they would destroy the house. The tree-cutter counted 27 pine trees that he would be taking down next Friday, weather permitting. I pray that he is good at his job.
He has equipment that holds the tree and cuts it at the bottom, then drives it to a chipper and chips it up. Wow, I hope it works!
This is how close some of the trees are to my house, see the edge of house on right.










That is my house in the background behind all these trees


How tall these things are! I have lived here about 20 years, and they were quite small when I first moved here. I will be glad to see them go. Maybe I will be able to ask someone to take pictures of the cutting. I for sure will not be here, I would be so stressed I could not watch.
I pray that when I write about it next, I will be able to call it a success!

9 comments:

Val said...

Yes I agree, especially with the storms we have been having. I love that picture from the back lot looking at the back of your house. 20 years? I didn't realize that! Wow - How time flies! I am so glad you are doing so much better!

Faye said...

Hello there Alice.I stopped by for a visit.I came across your blog from Valaries blog.I am from canton ga,and we have a home in sunnerville ga.It u=is a small world.I will be back to visit! Blessings, Faye

Faye said...

Alice I was Typing in the dark!LOL Sorry i meant to say Summerville Ga. Blessings, Faye

Anonymous said...

I think you will be happy when those trees are gone. I think I would leave to while the cutting is going on! Hope you are enjoying this pretty day.

Brenda Sue said...

How wise of you to have them removed before something tragic happened! Excellent thinking! God has blessed you with wisdom. Your home will now be as safe as it is lovely! All My Love, your daughter, Brenda

Anonymous said...

What a huge undertaking. They are tall like those in our Ky woods only we have many more than that. One did fall on our house and one limb went through. We're having a huge one taken down very soon that's in our driveway. There are others in the woods that were damaged by the ice storm, some uprooted, many broken or bent over. It's a big mess. The expense of clearing it out prevents our doing so at this time. I hope no severe winds or heavy ice occur but it's surely possible. Your place will look mighty differnt when they are gone. You certainly will feel safer.

Needled Mom said...

That will be quite the undertaking to remove all of those trees. The pines do grow so quickly and can pose a real hazard as they get bigger. I can't wait to see the "after" picture when they are all gone. Good luck.

G'G'ma said...

What a changed view you will have! I don't blame you for not wanted to be home to watch the event. I can't stand to see the cutters climbing and swinging from tree to tree with the chain saw in hand. But I stay within hearing and close to the phone....just in case I need to call 911...and keep praying for their safety.

Midlife Mom said...

We had to have some pines taken down too. One was huge and within 20 feet of the house. We were all glad when it was gone also because it housed huge bees nests inside the big ole' limbs! Yikes! I don't like bees very well, especially this kind which are more like wasps! Yes, I'm anxious to see your 'after' pictures too!