May 26, 2009

Gifts from my Best Friend

I bet I mentioned wanting this book!
A wonderful pin cushion made just for me!
A soft pillow with one of my favorite quilt square designs!


She crocheted around these tea towels.

And of course, a flower pot with beautiful flowers.
This week my best friend, Laverne and I met at Panera Bread in Cleveland, TN, which is halfway between her house and mine. This is generally our meeting place.

Laverne and I both have had some bouts with illness, me with my back and she with various things going on that has caused her to be under a doctor's care. We had not got to meet since before Christmas, which is a first for us. We have decided this long period cannot happen again. But when you have a best friend, it does not matter how long, because when you do get together, it is just like old times and that long period of time is forgotten.
She brought me gifts that she had handmade for my Christmas and birthday gifts. I just love them all!

11 comments:

Val said...

There is nothing like a best friend! That is for sure. We can have many best friends but in different ways. My best friend is one that I can share things with and have a lot of fun with. Randy, my lover & my best friend who shows me a great life and a good time. YOU, my Mother, there are no words. You are my "bestest friend" ever and I can always count on you. I love you so much. We have great times together even when we are not really together if you know what I mean. You mean the world to me! You cannot be replaced and I treasure you! Thank you for being my Mom, & my friend.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a blessing to have a friend like that? Your gifts are very pretty and I know you will think of Laverne each time you use them.

Brenda Sue said...

These are such sweet and thoughtful gifts! You both are very blessed to have each other. Isn't life wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Good friends are a gift to be treasured. Looks like yours is very thoughtful and generous.

*karendianne. said...

I'm so thrilled you felt better and were able to get out and enjoy the glory of being with a dear friend.

PS: the pincushion is my fav!!!

Needled Mom said...

Isn't it wonderful to have such a good friend? There are no words to describe the feeling.

Your gifts are wonderful. I love Glenn Beck on FOX so I'll bet that book will be terrific.

Hope you are feeling better still and enjoying all of the opened feeling without the trees.

Susie said...

Glad you got to get together with your best friend and I enjoyed seeing all your cute gifts especially the kitty pin cushion.
Hope you're feeling better each day!
xo

G'G'ma said...

Such lovely gifts from a best friend. Isn't it interesting how when you haven't seen each other in a long time it only takes that hug and it feels just like yesterday you were together.

Like your choice of a meeting place too. Yum!

lindsey said...

What a special friend to give you all those lovely gifts. Its great to get them late, I always love that because I forget I am due something. I just got my Mother's Day and birthdays gifts late from my daughters and son in laws because I didnt see them on the day.

Midlife Mom said...

What lovely gifts from your friend! I really LUV the cat pin cushion although my cats didn't think it was funny! lol! It's wonderful to have the type of friends where you can pick right up where you left off and not miss a beat! I have several dear friends like that and am very thankful for them! Great post!

Drucilla's Stitches said...

Isn't it wonderful to have such good friends! Enjoy your blog, love the sweet little featherweight from your daughter, what a gem!!