May 24, 2009

Trees Down! Back Yard Transformed!



Happy Memorial Day! In honor of all those who have fought for the freedom we enjoy!
The pine trees are all down and cleared away! 27 trees, plus 2 of my neighbors! It is a transformation! Right now, it is just cleared off, ready for us to spread good soil and plant grass. I have been so excited to have the yard cleared of all those pine trees. Many times I have spent days picking up pine cones and raking pine needles. Now I can have green grass! It will be a great change!

In background, my neighbor's camper and boat house, he took trees down right beside it and nothing ever touched it.








That is my little storage bldg for lawn mower, etc.




Above is back yard before trees down.
View of the back of my house after the trees were cut. Now lots of grass to plant but it will be so much better!
I can't end this post without giving credit to my ex-husband who has made it all to come about for me. He and my daughter, Karen watched over everything all day long while I was at work, too chicken to watch. I thank them so very much! My ex husband has been a great help to me while I have had my back trouble and he is the one who is helping me in the yard now. I do appreciate it so much!

Have a great weekend!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks very good and much safer and a lot less work now! It looks like the tree cutters had all the right equipment to do a top notch job. I know you will enjoy it so much. Your porch looks so inviting.

Anonymous said...

It looks a lot different. Not having to worry about them falling will be a big relief.

Val said...

I, for sure am glad those big trees are down. It will be a lot safer and a lot less work just mowing instead of the mess of the trees. Looks wonderful.

Needled Mom said...

Wow!!! It looks wonderful and it looks as though they did an incredible job. That will make life a lot less stressful.

I love the front porch with the red pots and flags. Just beautiful!

Brenda Sue said...

This is an amazing transformation! It looks wonderful and so much bigger! The front porch seems so inviting!