Thoughts of Home

Feb 8, 2008

Birthday Letters















Posted by Alice Grace at 2/08/2008 10:56:00 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Valerie's blog

Valerie's blog
Life's Little Garden

Followers

My Blog List

  • Brynwood Needleworks
    A Labor Weekend... - I got a lot accomplished last weekend. I canned 34 pounds of tomatoes for starters. Twenty pounds became stewed tomatoes, and seventeen pounds were canne...
    3 days ago
  • Happy Cottage Quilter
    Fall is almost here - AH.... Fall is coming. It is nonexistent in Florida. But we can bring it inside with a little bit of creativity and fabric. Wed Wait Loss Finished o...
    4 days ago
  • NeedledMom
    August Happenings - While the month seems to be racing to the finish line, I am savoring the wrap up of summer. The daylight hours are shortening and I’m noticing of few ...
    2 weeks ago
  • JulieKQuilts
    Homework - Hi everyone! Above is my homework for the quilt guild. A darling lady named Pixie makes kits for the guild members to take home and make. Serious ...
    1 month ago
  • down---to---earth
    The blog is closing - I shouldn’t have reopened my blog. I should have gone with my instincts and just disappeared. There have been so many new visitors since I reopened but ver...
    6 months ago
  • RhondaMum
    Quirky Things - According to Webster's Dictionary, the meaning of quirky is to have many quirks that are unusual in especially interesting or appealing ways. To say I love...
    1 year ago
  • TOOTSIE TIME
    'Tis the Season.. - Hello everyone! I found a little time in my week to post, and thought that since it's December...I would share a tiny bit of Christmas decor. As I ...
    1 year ago
  • 365 Days of Free Motion Quilting Filler Designs
    Four Patch Quilt in a Day! Plus Quilting with Stencils - Are you ready to piece a Four Patch Quilt and quilt it with paper quilting stencils? This is one of... The post Four Patch Quilt in a Day! Plus Quilting ...
    2 years ago
  • Sew Me Something Good
    A Low Volume Scrappy Stars Quilt - The tutorial for this scrappy star block can be found on Jennie's blog, *Clover and Violet * Looking for a quilt block that works well for using your col...
    2 years ago
  • Blackberry Creek Home Arts
    The Sunflowers Have Bloomed - I now have all the blocks done for the farm animal quilt. It's a pretty laid back Labor Day around here. Nothing doing. For some reason, this has never bee...
    3 years ago
  • Life's Little Garden
    Wow! A Lot of Changes Happening! The Farm. The Lake. And us! - *So before I tell you our dreams and desires,* *I want to show you this!* *It is not stuff. Its real love!* *Sweet Hunter has never put a sticker on his ca...
    4 years ago
  • PigTales & Quilts
    Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Bill - All 50 USA states are represented in this quilt.. Sue and Bill's clothing is from Northcott's state flower fabric line. This was a huge swap between 50 ...
    5 years ago
  • Cooking & More With Val
    No Bake Cookies - Ingredients 2 cups sugar 1/2 cup milk 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats ...
    5 years ago
  • Im Just A Guy Who Quilts
    It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas… - It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…. flashback tutorial coming in a few weeks! #holidayribbonblock
    5 years ago
  • Behind My Red Door
    Happy Valentines Day! - Hello friends! Just stopping by quickly with a reminder that it’s that time again! Ever since I was little, we have cut forsythia to force it to bloom i...
    6 years ago
  • Tallgrass Prairie Studio
    WALK 2.0 Preview 2 - WALK 2.0 begins with a chapter entitled "Walking Foot Refresh". Even I need a little brush up on skills and techniques every once and awhile and I'm alw...
    6 years ago
  • A Southern Quilters Joy
    Run Baby Run - Run Baby Run There is a story to this quilt. No, there are two stories to this quilt. Around 2006 my husband asked me to make him a new ...
    6 years ago
  • Spot On Cedar Pond
    My Icelandic SheepFreya Giving Birth - This is my Icelandic ewe giving birth this past spring to her second ram lamb. Freya is a good and fiercely protective mama. You can see the first born ...
    7 years ago
  • crazy mom quilts
    red and white trees!-a completed quilt - I finished my red and white trees! quilt last week. It took me a few days to get around to hanging it up, but I think it was worth the wait. I LOVE how i...
    7 years ago
  • Crafts and Genealogy
    I'm Back to Crafts - *Well it has been a while since posting again i had to see the nurse to get the abscess packed every day for 2 months so been a long haul, on the good news...
    7 years ago
  • Stash Manicure
    To all the Crochet LOVERS... FREE Amigurumi Patterns... - It is funny you know many of us who love sewing, stitching, embroidery, knitting and crochet. And all of these I have embraced except for crochet. I have al...
    8 years ago
  • Quilting Along Life's Way
    Why Her? - [image: Why Her?: 6 Truths We Need to Hear When Measuring Up Leaves Us Falling Behind] If success is defined in the eye of the beholder, who are you lettin...
    8 years ago
  • Barbara's Bakin N Bits
    Happy Valentines Day - Happy Valentines Day, this is my valentine of 57 years, do we look happy?? We are very much so and had a great time with friends at a senior part. Have a v...
    8 years ago
  • Spun Sugar Quilts - Mid-Ohio Quilter
    HUGE discount at Spun Sugar on etsy - Just a reminder 95% of my stock in Spun Sugar on etsy is 50% off without a coupon until 10/30/17. After 10/30/17 the discount will increase to 55-60% o...
    8 years ago
  • Cathron Country Designs
    - Just testing to see if this blog is still active.
    9 years ago
  • Covered Porches and Wooden Screen Doors
    The Barn Quilt - I may not own the barn... but I have the dream and the quilt for it. It's a North Star block. Don is going to frame it for me in gray weathered wood an...
    9 years ago
  • RenĂ©e's Country Quilts LLC
    -
    9 years ago
  • fine linen and purple
    South Africa Visit part 2 - Leizelle Vashti and one of 'her girls' Vashti just giving Yvonne a donated pram and bag of baby items for her little boy Our feet had hardly touched t...
    9 years ago
  • StitchinByTheLake
    Stuff and Nonsense - Did you think I was never coming back? I was beginning to! When I last posted I told you I had surgery on my right hand. At that point I was looking l l...
    9 years ago
  • Freda's Hive
    McCall's Quick Quilt 2016 Project with Holly Holderman - I've been making fun blocks with Holly Holderman's Two by Two quilt project through McCall's Quick Quilts. Previously I blogged about my Jan/Feb first bl...
    10 years ago
  • Tattered Threads & Willing Hands
    The Sewing Bowl - I have this wooden bowl in my sewing room that holds some of my favorite things. And old pair of scissors, red and white ribbon, an old heart that I cross...
    10 years ago
  • Mirror Of Grace
    Uncle John (2015) - Full Length of Uncle John in Top QualityNow you can see Uncle John in best quality with duration 114 Min and has been aired on 2015-03-16 and MPAA rating ...
    10 years ago
  • Handmade by Heidi
    Welcome Baby Jackson - I finished a baby quilt for a new addition to our family. His name is Jackson. He belongs to my stepdaughter. He is her 2nd child and I'm still not used ...
    10 years ago
  • All Gods Creatures
    Catching Up-2015 - Well, it's been a while since I've been allowed to get my furry paws on moms laptop. To say my humans have been busy would be an understat...
    11 years ago
  • Cootie Bug
    Contemporary Living Room Design - Attired as his alter ego, Claire—with her Little Bo Peep dresses, pigtails, and rouged cheeks—he has proved himself an astute observer of contemporary cu...
    11 years ago
  • Pokeydotquilting
    March Progress - This top is made from the Wonky Checkerboard quilt blocks that I won years ago (2011) in Block Lotto. I love the colors and how they came together. It was ...
    11 years ago
  • Arise 2 Write
    Dakota Lee - On March 2nd, God gave us another beautiful granddaughter. Her name is Dakota Lee and we know GOD has great plans for her. With each ne...
    11 years ago
  • Drucilla's Stitches
    - Sunday Sunshine Today has been gorgeous! Sunshine has been much needed after all the snow we've had the past few weeks. It was so nice, I took my late...
    11 years ago
  • MILDRED'S MENAGERIE
    George and Mildred - George and Mildred was a British sitcom produced by Thames Television that aired from 1976 to 1979. It was a spin-off from Man About the House and starre...
    11 years ago
  • Lavender Lime Inspires
    Visit Us On Our Website - Sorry, we no longer maintain our blog. Please visit us at www.lavenderlimeinspires.com.
    12 years ago
  • Lurline's Place!
    Busy Stitching! - Thanks to all who commented on my previous post - it is so nice to be in Blogland again. We have QuiltWest coming up in a few weeks and Sweetie, Cat Conne...
    12 years ago
  • pieceful kwilter
    It's the only one we got folks - So today is earth day! if you'll allow me a couple minutes, i'd appreciate it. couple years ago, i made a commit to become aware of my carbon foot print. ...
    12 years ago
  • Blushing Rose
    ~ Merry Christmas To You & Your Family ~ - May Christ live on in your hearts each day ... [image: post signature]
    12 years ago
  • Anyone Can Quilt
    My easy but slightly long and tedious pot holder tutorial - If you're anything like me, you love giving handmade gifts. Well, at least to the people who love and appreciate them. Many of us have stories of giving il...
    12 years ago
  • My Vintage Studio
    We've got a winner! - The winner of my blog give away is Debby from Cozy Blanket. Congratulations! This is Abbie resting after trying to get a photo of all three dogs. It ...
    12 years ago
  • ca knitter
    Life - There are so many changes happening in my life right now. Some of my wishes are coming true, but not without sacrifice. After battling cancer for two yea...
    13 years ago
  • ~Just Simple Joys~
    Welcome to my Blog - Welcome to my blog! Hello I'm Sarah and this is the first time i will ever write a blog. I'm neither a fashion blogger nor a food blogger, this blog wi...
    13 years ago
  • Gaga's x 6 Blog !
    -
    13 years ago
  • Habakkuk 3
    Fruity Chocolate Truffles - Fruity Chocolate Truffles? Well, yes, it does sound a bit strange doesn’t it? When my mom sent the recipe along with a package of vanilla wafers for my dau...
    13 years ago
  • miss gracie's house
    -
    13 years ago
  • Memaw Bake's Memories
    Dreary Wonderful Day - The temperature is way too warm for December 16th, and the skies are gray and dreary, however, this is that day God set aside for us to come together as Ch...
    13 years ago
  • Lavender Ridge
    ANNOUNCEMENT!! - ANNOUNCEMENT!!! MOVED TO HERE [image: White Weathered Hutch] won't you join me.... I would love for you to follow m...
    13 years ago
  • Feedsack Fantasy
    Vintage French Chic Grain Sacks & Feed Sacks Arrived - These vintage USA grain sacks are in vogue & everyone is using for runners, lamp shades, purses, chair covers ... etc. We just received many of these b...
    14 years ago
  • Home On The Range
    Update on Dad. - Oh my, things sure have changed on Blogger since February! I can hardly find my way around so will have to do some studying on this new system. I was sho...
    14 years ago
  • Sew On....And Sew Fourth
    Yes, I Am Still Sewing! - This just might be the longest I have gone without posting on this blog since I began it. But, Springtime on the farm is so full of activity, there is only...
    14 years ago
  • Alyssa's Blog
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYMAY(MANDY) AND GRANNY(VALERIE) WE LOVE YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY PICS WOULD NOT WORK:(
    14 years ago
  • Creative Juice Studios
    The Livin' is Easy! - Just some glimpses of the summer fun we have enjoyed so far...
    15 years ago
  • A Latte Quilts - Lattes and a Lota Quilts
    Behind.... - I am behind. I've not been quilting. I'm missing my sewing room. And, it looks like it will be a while before I can get back in there. :( It's been one of ...
    15 years ago
  • My Blog
    Fun with Granny! - Granny took me, Alyssa, and Brett to go visit May-May and Davis(Our aunt and cousin). We went out to eat while we were in Calhoun and took baby cousin Davi...
    15 years ago
  • Living Life at LeeHaven
    Pickle Dish Number 2 - As I piece this block I can see so many more options. I imagine you might see them now as well. Here are some stats re: the make up of the block. Click & d...
    15 years ago
  • Quilter's Nest
    Ohio Star Finish! - Hi all! Finally a finish!.........This Ohio Star was made using Bonnie Hunters free pattern.....I used reproduction fabric scraps for this one......I'm re...
    16 years ago
  • G'G'ma Quilts
    Getting tired of "strings". - I'm getting so tired of sewing strings together! This quilt was started with no real thought. It was just, " Oh, I like that picture....that will use up al...
    16 years ago
  • Just Something Nanna Made
    Please keep my daughter in your prayers! - I know it has been a while..I have been out of town..My daughter has been very sick..She was suppose to have surgery..Then she took pneumonia..We just got ...
    16 years ago
  • If God Had a Wallet
    - *Hey Friends,* *It has been a good day for me and I hope it has for you. I made a home visit this morning, went by and saw a friend, then came home and ate ...
    16 years ago
  • Lilly's Stuff
    - On Saturday the mail man delivered a package to me. It was the x-bag that I won in Myra’s give-away! As if the bag was not enough, she also sent three be...
    17 years ago
  • Tristons Blog
    I am learning how to sew!! - Thanks to my Granny and Nana i am learning how to sew. This past weekend my granny taught me how to sew a pillow! I was so excited to learn! My Nana is no...
    17 years ago
  • Humble As I Go
    Sweetness - I just came across a picture of my grandaughter. I love her so much and miss her. We don't get to see her as often as we would like, but when we do, it's t...
    18 years ago
  • Firecrackerkid Primitives
    -
  • ~Life On Vine~
    -
  • Queenmothermamaw
    -
  • Nalley Valley
    -
  • Cootie Bug 2
    -
  • Simple Thyme Primitives
    -
  • Silver Thimble Talk
    -
  • Eyes of Wonder
    -
  • Susie's Space
    -
  • PEA's Corner
    -
  • English Cottage in Georgia
    -
  • Black Sheep Prims Homeplace
    -

Happy Cottage Quilter

Little Gifts Campaign!

Little Gifts Campaign!

OPAM 2011

OPAM 2011

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Join the Friday Night Sew-in!

I am a Granny Fan!!!

I am a Granny Fan!!!
Click on picture to go see Granny!

visitors

   

Join the Postage Stamp Quiltalong

Join the Postage Stamp Quiltalong
by Handmade by Heidi!

PRAY FOR AMDEN

Pray for Amden

Little Bree

Little Bree
My Grand-dog, Bree

Blessings from the Word

Thank you, Sitca!

Thank you, Sitca!
Arise 2 Write

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I hope you will find something that you will find interesting as I share my world.
Humble As I Go

Stop and visit awhile!

Friends visiting

I am following You Can Make This.com!

Learn fun and easy gift-giving ideas you can make!

Circle of Friends Award

Circle of Friends Award
Thank you, Andrea!

Click here daily helps sponsors to offer free Mammograms to those in need.

The Breast Cancer Site

Blogs I love to visit

  • Alyssa's Blog
  • Anyone Can Quilt
  • Connie's Blog
  • Crazy Mom Quilts
  • Creative Juice Studios
  • Diary of a Mad Quilter
  • Down to Earth
  • Fine Linen and Purple
  • Frieda's blog
  • G'Granma quilts
  • Home On The Range-Midlife Mom
  • Krista's Blog
  • Living Life at Leehaven
  • My Daughter's blog- Lifes Little Garden
  • Needled Mom
  • Pam's Random Thoughts
  • Pea's Corner
  • Pink Faded Roses
  • Rhonda
  • Sew Me Something Good
  • Simple Thyme Primitives
  • Susie's Space
  • Tall Grass Prairie Studio
  • Triston's Blog
  • Val's Cooking Blog
  • Wendy's blog


Thank you, Lisa

About Me

My photo
Alice Grace
I am a Mother, Grandmother, and Great Grandmother. I love music, art, and reading. My God is most important in my life, then my family second. I enjoy my home and enjoy shareing it with others. The name, Hartdolls, comes from the fact that my best friend and I made porcelain dolls and dressed them with our own costumes we made ourselves. We made many "hartdolls", and sold some, gave some away as gifts, and kept some. I will be showing pictures of them soon.
View my complete profile

Lynette Anderson Stitchery

Lynette Anderson Stitchery
Free embroidery patterns

Quilting Bloggers List

Quilting Bloggers List

Block 13 of Star Quilt-Along

Block 13 of Star Quilt-Along

Pray for our United States of America

Second Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Whinny Hollow News

He drew a circle that shut me out--
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in!
"Outwitted" by Edwin Markham

Thank you, Jeannine!

Thank you, Jeannine!

We will never forget!

We will never forget!

Block 10 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 10 of the Star Quiltalong
I really love this block!

Block 9 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 9 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 8 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 8 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 7 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 7 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 6 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 6 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 5 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 5 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 4 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 4 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 3 of the Star Quiltalong

Block 3 of the Star Quiltalong
Yea, I am getting there!

Star Quiltalong-Block 2

Star Quiltalong-Block 2

Star Quiltalong-Block 1

Star Quiltalong-Block 1
Block 1 of Crazy Mom's Quilt-A-Long

Quilters Get Listed

Quilters Get Listed

My favorite rose

My favorite rose

Daylilies are in bloom

Daylilies are in bloom

Rose Garden

Rose Garden

Clematis

Clematis

My Favorite Color

Mama's state bird quilt

Mama's state bird quilt
Mama's embroidered Bird Quilt
Subscribe with Bloglines

I love you Award

I love you Award
Thanks, Valerie!

You Make My Day Award

You Make My Day Award
Valerie sent me this!

The path to home.
Powered By Blogger

Labels

  • Friday Night Sewin (6)
  • Trunk Show (3)
  • Best Friend's Day (2)
  • Doll-making (2)
  • Merry Christmas (2)
  • Quilting fabric stash (2)
  • 2011 (1)
  • 401A (1)
  • A Love Story (1)
  • Amaryllis Bulb (1)
  • Amateur Quilting (1)
  • Amateur Quilting 2 (1)
  • Annual 1890 Days in Ringgold (1)
  • Another Giveaway (1)
  • Apple butter and giveaway (1)
  • Award (1)
  • Banana pudding (1)
  • Blessings and Beauty (1)
  • Brothers (1)
  • Busy Sunday (1)
  • Christmas (1)
  • Christmas Tiding (1)
  • Death in the family (1)
  • Design Wall and Mavericks (1)
  • Dutch doll and Sunbonnet Sue (1)
  • Embroidery Dreaming and a Giveaway (1)
  • Empire Around the World Quilt (1)
  • Estate Sale (1)
  • Fabric samples (1)
  • Fruit of the Spirit (1)
  • Funky Monkey Quilt (1)
  • GA (1)
  • Gardenias in bloom (1)
  • Getting back to normal (1)
  • Giveaway Nov. 12th (1)
  • Giveaways in March (1)
  • Graduate (1)
  • Granny (1)
  • Granny Quilts (1)
  • Happy Birthday Brenda (1)
  • Happy Birthday Tyler (1)
  • Happy Birthday Valerie (1)
  • Happy Birthday to Jami (1)
  • Happy Birthday to Karen (1)
  • Happy Birthday to Matt (1)
  • Happy Birthday to Robbie (1)
  • Happy Birthday to TYLER (1)
  • Happy Birthday to Valerie (1)
  • Happy Birthday to me (1)
  • Happy Mother's Day (1)
  • Happy Vallentine's Day (1)
  • Heaven is For Real (1)
  • Inspiration-Dancing with God (1)
  • Jami's room (1)
  • Jan 21 2011 (1)
  • Jan Karon's Mitford Days (1)
  • Ladies' Luncheon (1)
  • Lady's Luncheon (1)
  • Lavender Lime Quilt shop visit (1)
  • Laverne's Handmade Quilt (1)
  • Learning to make a purse (1)
  • Learning to make a purse Lesson 2 (1)
  • Lighten Up (1)
  • Machine embroidery (1)
  • Machine embroidery thread (1)
  • Mama's Birthday (1)
  • Mama's gift of love (1)
  • Meme and Paris France (1)
  • Memorial Day (1)
  • Memories of Mama (1)
  • Mother's day (1)
  • Mother's day 2011 (1)
  • North Georgia Mountains (1)
  • One of "Those" Days (1)
  • POTATO SOUP FOR VALERIE (1)
  • Passing it On (1)
  • Pay it Forward (1)
  • Poetry (1)
  • Praise God for Protection (1)
  • Pray for Japan (1)
  • Quilting 101 (1)
  • RECIPE-SPINACH DIP (1)
  • Reading and happy birthday wishes (1)
  • Redemption thru Jesus Christ (1)
  • Saturday Samplers (1)
  • Sewing and Gaming (1)
  • Smokey Mountains (1)
  • Star Quiltalong (1)
  • Star Quiltalong-block 4 (1)
  • Star Quiltalong-block 8 (1)
  • Swap Gifts (1)
  • Take Time to Smell the Roses (1)
  • Take Time to Smell the Roses 2 (1)
  • Thank you (1)
  • Thanksgiving (1)
  • Thanksgiving 2009 Granny (1)
  • The Big Black Grand Piano (1)
  • Tornado April 27 (1)
  • Tree cutting time in Georgia (1)
  • Valentine (1)
  • We will never forget (1)
  • Weekend lake trip (1)
  • Weekend meandering (1)
  • and a Taco Salad (1)
  • babysitting (1)
  • blooming roses (1)
  • etc. (1)
  • spring flowers (1)



Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Tybee Sunset

Tybee Sunset
Tybee Island Sunset

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2012 (3)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2011 (16)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (42)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2009 (54)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ▼  2008 (84)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ▼  February (11)
      • Potato Soup for Valerie
      • HOT DONUTS
      • Mama's Bird Quilt
      • I've Been Tagged!
      • Happy Valentine's Day
      • Sunday Afternoon Cooking
      • Birthday Letters
      • Happy Birthday to Me!
      • No title
      • We Are Thankful
      • A Love Story
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2007 (5)
    • ►  December (5)

Visitors


View My Stats
Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.