Feb 24, 2008

Potato Soup for Valerie





My daughter, Valerie, has been very sick this past week, and I took some potato soup to her yesterday. She is much better today and insists that the potato soup is what helped her so much. (I think she loves me.)Anyway, she has insisted that I put the recipe on my blog to share. It is not too hard, as I use a lot of help from the store and Campbell's! I add Campbell's soup for all the flavor they have, and they compliment the fresh potatoes and carrots so well. This recipe looks long at first glance but is easy as can be. I will say, that if you have someone who cannot tolerate MSG (Mono sodium Glutamate), you will need to go to Campbell's Healthy Choice or other brand soups rather than the regular red and white labeled Campbell Soups. (MSG is known to cause migraine headaches.)

Alice's Potato Soup
2-3 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
Sliced Carrots
Organic Chicken Broth 32 oz. box
Water, approximately 2 cups
2 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves fresh Garlic
Sea Salt, and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
Cook together until potatoes and carrots are tender.
Add the following:
Campbell's Cream of Cheddar Soup
Campbell's Cream of Asparagus Soup
Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
Campbell's Cream of Celery Soup
(do not add water to these cans of soup)
Simmer for about 30 minutes after adding extra soups, to blend flavors
Serve with hot cornbread

6 comments:

Krista said...

Thanks for the recipe. I read Val's blog and couldn't wait to get the recipe. I may make this tonight!

Val said...

Hey mom, I do love you, but it is the best potato soup I have ever eat. I had it again for supper tonight. Thank you is not enough.

Katherine said...

Yum! This sounds delicious and soup would be perfect today as I've been feeling a bit under the weather myself.

Midlife Mom said...

Hi Alice Grace! Thanks for stopping by the 'ole blawg'! I love having new people stop by to say hello and see what my site is all about. It gets a bit crazy around here sometimes with all the animals to tend to but I love it. I love your recipe, will be printing it off shortly. I swear I have gained ten pounds since I started blogging!!! lol! There are just so many new things to try on everyone's sites! Pioneer Woman has a lot of good recipes. Pioneerwoman.com Well duty calls so I guess I'd better get at it. Come by again soon!! PS Love your music! Amazing Grace is one of my all time favorites!

Val said...

Mom, Just wanted to tell you that the soup is GONE! (Hint Hint)- I loved it! Thank you again.

Dana said...

Yum!!! So gonna make that!!