Feb 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!






Today while I was at work, a beautiful basket was delivered to me for my birthday! I was so happily surprised! It turns out that my darling daughter, Valerie, had secretly delivered the basket full of goodies and gifts from her and her family. There were happy birthday letters from each of them, and many many gifts. It was very wonderful. My Grandson, Nathan, had made a video of family photos with music for me, there was candy, two lovely cups for my tea, some tea, some coffee, some crocheted dishcloths, some creamy body wash from Bath and Body Works, a bracelet, a lovely journal, a large photo album, a small picture album, a dvd of Ruth Graham's life, a lavendar Grow Kit, and art drawn by Alyssa, my Great-granddaughter, a gorgeous birthday letter from Triston, my other Great-granddaughter, and some vintage letters from my Aunt that were mailed so long ago that the stamps were only 4 and 6 cents each! (How long ago was that!)
Also, many cards in the mail, and a gift card from my daughter, Brenda, who lives near Nashville. My other daughter, Karen came by after work and spent an hour cutting my hair. They all have honored me so by showing their love, but it is not unusual for them to show their love all the time. And I love them all so much! Thanks!

4 comments:

Val said...

You have a mighty sweet family....I hope you have the best birthday ever! I love you.
Love your daughter

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! I was hoping to make your day as you do my birthday by singing this morning; however, it wasn't as pretty as your voice. I know that you felt the love anyways!!! I hope you have the best birthday ever- you deserve it and know that you love you more than you know...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my so-sweet Nana! You are so kind in everything you do!

I love you, Shannon

Catherine Rogers said...

Happy belated Birthday. It is obvious you did something (a lot of somethings) right! You are surely loved deeply! A magnificent testimony! God bless