Feb 10, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Cooking











Today I was in the mood to cook. I had purchased a new crockpot and had not yet used it. Not that I needed another one, but this one was special in that I can carry it in the car without it spilling. I decided to use many of the fresh and canned vegetables I had on hand. My soup is made up of the following items:
Fresh organic carrots
Red potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes
Large yellow onion, chopped
Organic vegetable broth
Green beans
Corn
Large can diced tomatoes
Canned black beans
Canned Chicken broth plus water to cover vegetables
Sea Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of nutmeg
Simmer for 6 hours and serve with fresh cornbread.
This may be one of the best vegetable soups I have made. I think the nutmeg made the difference.

2 comments:

Val said...

I wish I could have some right now. uuuummmm!

Val said...

I just posted on my blog and I tagged you! Check it out!