Valerie and her "Sweet Hubby" came by to see me tonight. I had been looking for a table I could use in my sewing room that was tall enough to use as a cutting table, and they had got one for me for my early birthday gift! Thank you, Valerie!
I really like it. This is Valerie showing it to me from her sewing room.
Then, of course, you will never see Valerie without a camera in her hand, and she insisted on a couple of pics of me. One is at my dining table showing off my new gift of dishes given to me by my daughter Karen for Christmas, and the other at my sewing machine table.
I am off from work this whole week! (work is slow), but I am so excited to be at home for a change! Valerie and I are always challenging each other, and of course we have a challenge this week for sure! We will see if the challenges are met! (She and I work best if we are accountable to each other, especially me!)
I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas!
Happy New Year!




9 comments:
Oh Mom. I loved this post! I don't think I will vote because I love them both. I just know you are gonna love this table to use for a cutting table. I am excited about it for you. I LOVE your new dishes! Tell Karen she does have a sister that needs some new dishes too!!! Just kidding. I love you Mom!
Keep the scrappy one.. it's so pretty.
And I love that cutting table!! Where did she get that? I need one that I can stand at.. it's a nice change since we sit to sew.
Oh wow they are both so pretty, but I agree with Heidi, keep the scrappy one :-) What a wonderful cutting table. And your sewing table is beautiful. Enjoy your week!
Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/
Hi! They are both great. I do love the scrappy one as well. I love your cutting table!!! You do have a very sweet daughter.. you are blessed!! What a neat thing to challenge each other. I think that is great motivation!!
Both the quilts are beautiful!!
I love both of Granny's quilts, but I think I would go with the colorful scrappy quilt.
You will love the new cutting table. It will be so nice to have oneset up for cutting. That is such a nice gift.
One is always more motivated when accountable to someone else. Glad that you two challenge each other.
I vote for the scrappy one, it is so bright and colorful! Which one did you end up keeping??? Yes, I think we all get more accomplished if we have to be accountable to someone. The Friday Night Sew Ins have inspired me to get going on some things. I started a new wallhanging yesterday. I need to go sign up though, I have never done that, I just know that you guys do it and also my friend Needled Mom. You will love your table! I had one made that is the height I needed as I am fairly tall. It's so much better then all the bending over I was doing! Lovely dishes too! Happy New Year to you and yours!!!
Well the scrappy one is pretty but that teal/scrappy one...very nice colors! I have a table almost just like yours and I love it! blessings, marlene
I also love both of them! What wonderful gifts Karen and Valerie gave to you! Enjoy your days off, Mom! I love you very much! Love, Brenda
P.S. Jami and I planted our amaryllis' too!
Post a Comment