Dec 4, 2009
Thoughtful musings..............
I heard something the other day on a tv program that really made me think! We get so caught up in life and all the things that we need and want to do, and try to do it all, and get so stressed when we can't! On a Christian talk show, I heard this story:
A man had a near death experience during an accident, and he thought he was in heaven, and looking down at earth. He said that while he was there, he realized something very striking..........the things he had thought were important were not important at all, the things he had always rushed to do and keep done were just unimportant. The things that are important are the things that are done for others and a life well lived honestly and sincerely living for the Lord!
As we approach this Christmas season in remembrance of Christ's birth, may we share our love and thoughtful recognition of those in need in honor of Him who came to this earth in the form of a baby to save the world from sin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Amen!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Looks like good weather for your sewing projects.
Thanks for this sweet and lovely post. And how very true.
Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/
Hello Alice, thanks for your visit and your kind words. I see where you had Granny for Thanksgiving. That is just about my situation. I am 72 and the matriarch on both sides of the family. Nothing is more rewarding than to be appreciated in your older years. Your post today was so inspirational. Thanks for sharing that.
QMM
This is so very, very true!!! It's always nice to remind ourselves of that at this time of the year.
I remember last year when my mom was so ill and I didn't get a quarter of the things done that I thought "needed" to be finished. Christmas came anyway, and in the end the only thing that mattered was the time and care that my mother needed. We had a great Christmas.
Oh Mom, what a great reminder this is to all of us. Since I have not felt well this week it has reminded me so much of how thankful we ought to be when we feel good. Thank the Lord for good health.
A wonderful reminder that we should all heed! xoxo
Amen! Thank you for sharing that! :) Thank you so much, also, for your kind words on my blog! I truly appreciate them! Merry Christmas! :)
Post a Comment