Yesterday, our little Angel was in a group of her class singing Christmas songs at ChickFilet. I drove down immediately after work to watch. It was so much fun and the children were so very talented. Of course I thought Angel was the cutest one of the group! But you know, I am prejudiced! There really were some cute and talented kids in the group. After singing there, they were headed to Chattanooga to the Chattanooga Choo Choo to sing there. Attending with all our family to watch and listen to them were Brother and Little D. Little D was so very excited to see all the kids with Santa hats on, and he kept time with the music, clapping his little hands and watching everthing. These are all my great grandchildren and Valerie's grandchildren.
Brother (he had a Santa hat on too!)
Little D.
Today, I had the honor of visiting my best friend, Laverne. Her home always impresses me. She has such talent in decorating her home. She had breakfast fixed for me when I arrived.
She lives about one hours driving time away from me. She has not been well lately but is much improved. I took her the belated birthday present I had for her. Unfortunately, you can't see it too much, as it is a June
Tailor Shape Cut ruler for our quilting, and it is clear plastic.
This is her dining room, ready for her family Christmas dinner.
I took her a lovely poinsetta for her Christmas celebration.
We then worked on laying out her dutch doll quilt with the backing and batting, getting it ready to put on her quilting frame. She will hand quilt it. I have shown you portions of this quilt before. It is for one of her granddaughters. It has all the grandmothers from many generations hand embroidered on it. It is a very special quilt.
It was a very good day. It always is when I can spend time with my sweet friend!
9 comments:
I love the picture of the kids, sooo cute.
The quilting ruler is awesome. I have the same one and love it, even though I don't exactly use it for quilting, it comes in handy with my sewing.
I am glad GOD blessed your time with your sweet friend. What an awesome quilt. The entire house is beautiful and those kids are adorable.
Blessings, andrea
Such precious pictures of your great grandchildren!
How nice to spend time with your dear friend. Glad she is doing better and that quilt is lovely. She sure has a beautiful dining table all ready for Christmas.
Hope you have a blessed Sunday.
Mom, I was so glad you came down to see Angel sing. So sweet wasn't it? We were missing Sweet Teen though. Shannon said the Chattanooga Choo Choo was great! I LOVED seeing Lavernes house. The quilt is gorgeous but that dining room table is great. I am so glad that she is feeling better. I am glad that you had a good time.
What a fun time you must have had at the Christmas pageant and then at Laverne's. That quilt will really be a special piece of work when it is finished. Her home looks absolutely beautiful too. I love the chair backings. claua
Oh Alice Grace, what a very sweet post. Your friends home is so lovely. Thanks for sharing about your visit.
Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/
Hi Dear Friend,
What a beautiful time spent with your friend. I love her big dining room table and how festive looking her home is.
The pictures...well they are the best! So cute and I bet their singing was superb too!
Love & Blessings,
Alleluiabelle
Your Christmas celebration sounded wonderful! Alyssa, Brett, Triston are so precious! Merry Christmas to all! Love, Brenda, Jami and Robbie
Laverne's home is beautiful! Please send our love! Love, Brenda
Post a Comment